Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What did you Eat for Thanksgiving?

communicativePond1728 November 25th, 2023

What did you eat for Thanksgiving and any leftovers? Hope no one has a Ross moment with a sandwich!

I ordered a Donaire pizza and had leftovers today with some carrots. I also had a strawberry chocolate dessert with maple syrup, walnuts, yoghurt, cinnamon and salt.

garlic-butter-prime-rib-ft-recipe0621-fca73e5fa8e046b0b03982757db51628_1700883433.jpg

magicalTree4461 November 26th, 2023

@communicativePond1728 Hello, I am from Canada so we have our own separate date for Thanksgiving. I spent some time with a meditation group I meet with sometimes. We had a potluck, which was mostly Indian-type food! It was very delicious and there were many different options.

communicativePond1728 OP November 26th, 2023

@magicalTree4461

I'm from Canada too. Well. That's a bit wrong as Canada is a colonial name. But I have family in the states and the UK so sometimes I celebrate this or that depending on the circumstances.

magicalTree4461 November 26th, 2023

@communicativePond1728 Canada is really a settlement atop Indigenous communities.

@magicalTree4461

'Settlement' is an okay word to describe it.

Domination of another due to advantages of race and ignorant entitlement and superiority is perhaps another. 

If white people get whatever they want...top jobs, excuses for lifetimes and acts of violence or neglect, whereas the 'others' get jail time, violent neighborhoods and lack of support than who exactly are the ones settling?

And who gave the white people permission to do all this in the first place? When did anybody actually settle on anything?

And what do white people think they are, some collective mother hen saviour here to sit on and save indigenous people from the horrors of their culture? 

Genocide is another word that comes to mind.

Anyway, I realize that was all a bit dramatic. But I think I have a point. 😁

magicalTree4461 November 27th, 2023

You have a point 🥲

Scorn November 26th, 2023

is that picture yours? the food looks great, and I had a turkey drumstick with some bread for thanksgiving so I guess that's one thing to be thankful for😁

@Scorn

Not my image. As I said in the post, I just ordered a pizza.

Scorn November 26th, 2023

oh lol

sincereAcres5252 November 27th, 2023

Your meal sounds amazing! I cooked a turkey with my family! We also had some mac and cheese, sweet potatoes, and cheesecake. We barely ate anything and have tons of leftovers. Probably enough for a whole week!