Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Harry Potter Butterbeer

GryffindorMuggleBorn January 2nd, 2019

I am a huge fan of Harry Potter.. Hint My username. Anyway all the recipes I found for Butterbeer was alcoholic. After digging around I found this non alcoholic recipe.

Ingredients:

1 cup brown sugar

2 TBSP water

6 TBSP butter

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp Apple cider vinegar

3/4 cup heavy whipping cream

Divided 1/2 tsp rum extract

Small sauce pan

Candy thermometer

Medium mixing bowl

Whisk or electric beater

4 tall chilled glasses

Steps:

1) In a small saucepan, medium heat, combine water and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, stir often til mixture reads 240 F on a candy thermometer

2) Remove from heat. Promptly stir in butter, salt, cider vinegar, 1/4 heavy whipping cream. Set aside to cool

3) Once cooled stir stir in the rum extract

4) In a medium mixing bowl, combine 2 TBSP brown sugar and the remainder heavy whipping cream. Use an electric or stand mixer (?), beat the mixture until just thickened. Not completely whipped. Should take 2 to 3 minutes

5) To serve divide the sugar mixture into 4 tall chilled glasses and 1/4 cup of cream soda and stir to combine. Top with the remainder cream soda and spoon cream over the top.

6) Of course ENJOY!!

CalmWhisper22 January 3rd, 2019

@GryffindorMuggleBorn

Thanks for sharing this I am sure all those Harry Potter fans will find this interesting.

GryffindorMuggleBorn OP January 3rd, 2019

@DanaMH

I am trying it on the 7th of January .. I will post how good I though it was! I was so excited to find this recipe.

CalmWhisper22 January 3rd, 2019

@GryffindorMuggleBorn

Excited to hear about it since my kids are into Harry Potter. That is a series that came out when my older one was starting to get into the harder books and the school was having them read it.