Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hobby Zone Monthly Check-In: August 2024

sweetnutella August 3rd

picsart-24-08-03-18-16-00-973_1722684326.jpg

Hello, Hobbyists! Hope you're all doing well. Today, I want to delve into how we can blend our hobbies into our daily lives. This reflection was sparked by a particular quote:

"Consistency is the key to mastery."

This suggests that to excel in our endeavors (even hobbies), we must establish daily habits or routines, especially if we aim for mastery. Malcolm Gladwell's "Outliers: The Story of Success" stated that mastery in any field requires roughly 10,000 hours of focused, deliberate practice.

Though this may seem daunting, starting small is key. You don't need to engage in your hobby daily right away. Begin with weekly or monthly sessions, then gradually increase the time as you get comfortable with the routine. The goal is to build resilience and make consistent progress, no matter the size.

So, I'm curious about:

1. Which hobby do you wish to master, and why?
  2. How do you plan to integrate this hobby into your daily routine?
  3. How much time are you willing to allocate to this hobby?

Example: personally, I'm eager to learn a new language because it's always been a passion of mine. I'll practice this language after breakfast, dedicating 15 minutes each day.

Now it's your turn. What's a hobby you're passionate about mastering? Can't wait to read your responses!

Hobby Zone Taglist:

@adaptableOcean4193 @Aileen1114117 @AJ1232005 @Aliceiin3rdwonderland @AquaNyo303 @beachyone @Bella20 @BelovedMe @butdoesanyonenotice @butterlycow @calmmoon2104 @calmSky3414 @charmingSky5972 @confidentrabbit7311 @CosmicMiracle @daydreammemories @DipityEnigma @EchoicEternity @EmotionsListener @FallandWinterPlease00 @Fristo @hiraxx @iloveyouxx @Interestingkiwi @interlligentshawzk @intoxfantasy @jujubears @Katieinbloom @LadyOrgasma @Liv125 @Lou73 @LoveMyMoonflowers @lyricalAngel70 @Merliah001 @MilaAvery @MistyMagic @Mrunal11 @MunchieTaters @mytwistedsoul @NicholasW @Paisleykaat @Paprika001 @practicalTree3613 @PurpleLady568 @SerenitysFire @shiningBeauty72 @SleepyShyCat @SmileSravani @SomebodySpicy13 @SparklingSeashells @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @sweetrosa1987 @ThadSterling @theboymoana @thetoastgod @tidyHickory3283 @victoriousblue17 @warmheartedCamp3360 @WarmLightXO @wisly03 @WorkingitThrough2 @WorriedMagpie

Add or remove yourself here.

Gettingbettertoday August 3rd

@sweetnutella

My current hobby is blacksmithing. I have no desire to master it. This is a hobby, so I want to enjoy it for itself rather than trying to check something off a list. Because of this I will not make a set time to do it nor will I make a requirement that I must do it at all let alone an allocated amount of time. 

sweetnutella OP August 4th

@Gettingbettertoday I understand the sentiment! It's also important to enjoy our hobbies 🌸 and that's honestly such an interesting hobby! What got you into it to begin with? Any interesting things you'd like to share? I'm all ears!

Gettingbettertoday August 4th

@sweetnutella

In the past i had a need to be busy all the time so i supported many hobbies. Blacksmithing is the only one i still do and that is only because i have a friend that enjoys it too. I got into it after watching others do it and i decided i could do that too. We mostly make utilitarian items such as S hooks, and camp kitchen gear. We also do blades.