Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Social Anxiety Buddy!

fuzzyLemon August 10th, 2022

Hi all,

This is such a wholesome and lovely idea! I'd love someone who can cheer me on when things feel hard and who can celebrate with me when we reach some of our goals or take steps towards them!

A person who can appreciate the little things and understand that mental health recovery is a long journey and not a race!

Anyone out there having trouble with any phobias? Needed encouragement to do some exposure therapy? Want reminders to practice CBT or self care skills often?

Please, reply, let's be buddies!

🍋

anxietywarrior23 August 11th, 2022

@fuzzyLemon

good luck finding someone. Anxiety is hard

PoliteOcean August 11th, 2022

@fuzzyLemon

Hi there Lemon! I'm Ocean the Community Mentor Leader here in Healthy Living Subcom. I truly hope that you are able to find the "support buddy" that you are looking for!

While you are certainly welcome to post here in Healthy Living, I just wanted to also encourage you to try Anxiety Support as well. I don't know that they have a "Buddies" system there persay, however, since your request is to find individual support for your anxiety needs, you might want to try there too. Perhaps someone in that Support Group might be looking for the same thing?!

Either way, whether here in this subcom or in another one, I hope you find what you need, and we are here to support you.

fuzzyLemon OP August 11th, 2022

@PoliteOcean

Ah that's a really good point, thank you! I'm pretty sure they don't have a buddy system but maybe we could start one! It's worth asking at least. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply :)

PoliteOcean August 12th, 2022

@fuzzyLemon

Yes I certainly do NOT want your needs to be overlooked! So I just wanted to give you all avenues that you might try to get the help and support you are looking for here! If they have a "general needs" section, or an "announcements" section, or even a "Q & A' section in that Support Group, Your question for a buddy or support would go very well in any of those!

Again, I hope whether here or there, that you are able to find what you are looking for!❤️

braveCircle9920 August 12th, 2022

I am also anxiety stricken and can't get a break from worrying. I feel obligated to mask it so people don't see me as weak. But when I'm alone, I feel like utter turd

Tharuka September 4th, 2022

I'm here 🤗