Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

A little help here

JohananRockmann September 22nd

Is judo a good martial art? I wanna develop a fighting skill and add it on my journey.

Tinywhisper11 September 22nd

@JohananRockmann I would think so, it's a very popular one in the martial arts ❤

JohananRockmann OP September 22nd

I've read pros and cons about it. Pros: It's effective for self defense and MMA 🤔 Cons: It's not effective against boxing/The art has been neutered for safety reasons.

But I don't plan on getting into fights 💀 esp street fights, not a fan of that, I watched a few clips and I can only hope the guy that was on the receiving end were still okay. I just want to learn any of the arts to be more active 🙏

What about ya?

Tinywhisper11 September 22nd

@JohananRockmann trigger warning, disabled. I can't do martial arts I don't have any legs and paralysed except for right upper body and head. sorry that was a bit of a downer.

yeah I guess it's what you want it for, fitness it seems to be really good with, and for self defence too. There are many non martial art s self defence classes too. I'm not to big on knowing about martial arts, but there's a few ninjas I've met in this site, and one who trains with ninja equipment as a hobby

compassionateMoon4024 September 22nd

@JohananRockmann 

Yes, It's a good martial art. When you say fighting skill, what type of fighting? Self-defense or street fighting? I'd do Kenpo Martial arts for self-defense or street fighting. There are all kinds of fighting skills.