Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Weight management

exampligratia January 21st, 2017

Hello.

Although not an immediate eating disorder, does anyone have any tips or steps to lose 5kg in 7-10 days. This isn't about self worth or anything like that. But its really important so that I can qualify for something.

For the record I am 170cm and 72kg with a BMI of 24-25 which is normal but bordering overweight. I actually would feel better to lose 10kg but I think thats not possible in my timeframe so I'm hoping at least 5kg is feasible.

Afterwards, I will take reasonble steps to lower/maintain my weight but this current time is a surprise and the less I weigh the better my chances. All that aside, anyone have any ideas?

I'm thinking I will take a light breakfast, have 1 fruit (banana, apple, etc.) late evening and jog 30mins at night for 1 week.

I know it shouldn't be done this way but its really urgent that I lose some weight now.

Thanks.

AffyAvo January 21st, 2017

@exampligratia

Hi,

I've moved your post as this could be highly triggering to those with eating disorders.

That's quite a bit to lose in a short period of time, and is likely going to be difficult to do in a healthy way. Quite often, when a fair bit of weight is lost in a short period of time a fair bit is water. I don't really have much experience with good ways to achieve it though.

reservedPal4337 January 21st, 2017

@exampligratia

Hey,

Losing that much weight is not possible in such a short period of time even if you do lose that weight it will be water weight and you will gain it back.

Losing weight for the long term is a better idea, you can start by cutting out added sugar from your diet which is mainly sodas, cookies, ice creams, stuff like that.

Eating 3 meals and 2 snacks is the best to keep your metabolism running, your meals should have a high protein rate but also carbs and vegetables. Increasing vegetables and fruits intake. Eat when you are hungry. Drink Half your body weight for example if you are 160 pounds you should drink 80 oz of water. Exercising is also key in losing weight you should do cardio and weight management.

Remember it's about feeling good, listen to your body, eat when you are hungry.

Don't cut out foods you like moderation is good.

PoliteOcean January 21st, 2017

@exampligratia

Although the others gave some great "suggestions" , as a Nurse, I would also recommend talking with your physican or a trained medical provider (even a dietician, or nutrionist). Only you know what is best for you and your body, as well as what your body can handle in terms of eating and exercising. Nobody can help you to figure that out but you (and a trained provider).

If you are wanting a heatlhy way of going about it, I would suggest talking to them and what you would need to do to get to where you want to be in a healthy way.