Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Body Positivity

EricBlair February 19th, 2017

For all the people in the world who feel as if they will only be desirable if they change the way they look, this thread is devoted to self-acceptance! Let's support each other in this judgemental world!

EricBlair OP February 19th, 2017

Does anyone want to share a story about how someone made them feel ashamed of their body?

RabidCoonhound07 March 20th, 2017

@EricBlair I feel like being overweight has caused my body to become politicized. People don't want their taxes to go to healthcare for people who "don't take care of themselves." Speaking of healthcare, I don't think that I am taken seriously because every health problem is somehow related to my weight. On top of that, everything is somehow "psychosomatic" because all of my tests came back negative and I have mental health issues so all problems of mine are created either subconsciously or from being big.

When I take walks in public sometimes I get called names. In school, I can barely fit into the desks because they were made for thin people. I have a hard time walking sometimes and people stare at my limp or criticize me for taking an elevator.

The message that I get from society is that I should hate my body or I will never be motivated to change. Unfortunately one can't hate themselves into a version they love.

Isaac February 19th, 2017

Yay, Annika! Superb idea of creating a post like this! Just moved to the Health, Wellness and Beauty section! Hope more people can see this!

@00Annika00

EtaAlpha February 19th, 2017

Thank you for creating this thread :) I just thought I'd share one of my favourite body positivity quotes that I like to remember when I'm struggling:

"You are imperfect, permanently and inevitably flawed and you are beautfiul."