Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Where do folks meet in real life?

sensibleSkies8757 July 17th, 2021

I am failing miserably to meet anyone. I have no life at all. Why do we live in a harem culture where folks only interact with their own cliques while many are locked out with no one? I can spend a day surrounded by many and yet no one speaks with me and I intimidated or held no interest anyone I attempted to converse with. Why don't we have a culture designed where everyone is included? This culture is too cluelessly arrogant and timid. It is a painfully depressing place to live. Others love it this way. They don't appear to care all the harm their social discrimination in fact causes. All we can do is suffer politely.

FinleyTews August 9th, 2021

@sensibleSkies8757 It must be hard to feel that way, unfortunately not everyone is arrogant, but many of us struggle with breaking the ice and welcoming new people, for fear of upsetting others. There are many simple topics to start conversations and find common interests though. What are some things you love to talk about? Are there things you'd like people to know about you?

vrt14 August 13th, 2021

I also felt very isolated and alone but joined the hiking club and made friends there. Check any hiking clubs, the local library and the state park may have events where you can interact with people. If you're not employed, find a place that needs volunteers, many places need volunteers, in fact many of the local hiking trails are maintained by volunteers. So if you help there, it will make you feel like your life is more meaningful. Also, a lot of times not having people around you is a blessing, you don't have to deal with drama, so look at the silver lining.