Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Advertising Discussions

vivelespatates February 16th, 2017

Hey, wonderful discussion leaders!

We all want more participants in our discussion, of course, we work so hard for offering a great and supportive time for members!
We have different ways to advertise them for getting more participants:
- Set a alert for announce your discussion/support session/event! I'm sure if you ask in the listener support room, someone would do it for you!
- Announce our discussion in the other rooms ! it's an excellent way too!
- Adding them on the calendar, feed and/or forum.
- etc.

How announce when there are already some discussions ongoing?
- Being respectful of other ongoing discussions or events!
- If there is already an event ongoing on a room, please, don't announce over them.
- If you are 10 minutes in advance, there are strong changes that the event on this room end when your start.
You can avoid announcing right now on this room, remember what room is it, and come back in 10 minutes and announce later when their event is over and you start, with a message like "Hey, If you like discussions, we will have the next one on.... ", You will probably get even more members interested by discussions of this way!
- You also can ask the leader of current discussions to advertise your discussion when their own discussion is over. I'm sure they will be happy to do it for you!

Thank you for giving a nice and supportive time for your members, increase participation and being a model. Enjoy your discussions! ❤️

Anomalia February 16th, 2017

@vivelespatates - Great tips! :)

Isaac February 16th, 2017

Awesome post, vive!
@vivelespatates

vivelespatates OP March 21st, 2017

When there is a discussion ongoing and someone is announcing an other discussion there, it's disrespectful and it really disturbs the ongoing discussion. We have to repeat the questions and try to get people returned focussed back on the discussion.
Additionnaly people may not be mindful about the time and it's very confusing for them.
People will move room even if the other discussion is only in 10 minutes and then get on an empty and totally leave when they could have stay with us for complete the discussion and join the next one when it's over.

YES, if there is a discussion ongoing when you announce it 10 minutes before it start, the discussion ongoing will end when the other one will start in like 99% of time ! I REALLY encourage you to jump the room in which is already a discussion, and announce there when their dsicussion is over or send a private message to the leader of the current discussion for asking them to announce your discussion when their discussion is over! their members will probably be interested to join the your after they completed this one.

As discussion leader (and usually also group mod), we are role models for members, and if we want them respect our discussions, we have to respect those from our fellow discussions leaders.

I would be happy to send you my members - who are already highly interested in guided discussions, as they are in my discussions - when my discussion is over, if you respect my discussion ongoing ! It means more users interested by discussions joining in the your for you, and not leaving them alone for me, and no confusion for the members, just more fun !

Thank you to those who will read it and try to change their habits <3

Erato August 27th, 2017

@vivelespatates Mhm, I agree, Vive! It's truly disrespectful to advertise your own discussion in a room where another discussion is on-going. Members/guests tend to lose interests in the current discussion and would just try to attend the other one. We're a squad here, we should support and help each other, not the other way around. yes​​​​​​​

Lou73 January 24th, 2023

Totally agree with this @vivelespatates, it is rather disrespectful to enter a room where there is a discussion already happening and then interrupt with an invitation without even saying hello. It only takes a moment to see if there is a discussion in progress and if the room is active and respect the session. Thank you for a lovely post and it's good to see it again as a reminder ☺

RobertKwant December 27th, 2022

Great post about advertising. Can I help you put in your words? Listen, advertising is very important and everything is built on it best cpm networks. Make the right ads and count them in impressions, clickbaits or conversions. Learn more about the CMP system. You will meet in the guide.

Heartsandrosesandpaws January 3rd, 2023

Great tips