Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Fristo's Tips for Chatroom Hosting!

September 29th, 2022

1) Wait! Get the chatroom open, get the banner set [check this post for easy steps to chatroom hosting], send invitations, and after that, be patient! It might take 10-15 minutes for more people to join in, but in my experience, they do start coming in most of the times!

2) Greet in high spirit, and make them feel welcomed. When someone enters the room, send them your love and positivity💚

3) Break ice most of all, and facilitate positive bonding between chatroom participants. The more they like their stay in the room, the more chances are that they will stay longer and participate in the event!

4) Improvise and adapt according to the mood of the room. You don't have to follow the script word to word, adapt according to the room's mood. Maybe can even come up with your own positive icebreaker!

5) Anyone can host. Read this post carefully!

6) Type down informal messages than script messages. You can use the script for giving you direction on what to say, but wherever possible, look to word it in a personal and informal way! Else it feels mechanical and repelling when we just copy-paste messages all the time!

7) Look at your own health! Can't host a good session if you aren't feeling good and happy inside!

That's all. Hope it's helpful💛

yourbuddy30 September 29th, 2022

@Fristo Very helpful Fristo! Thank you for sharing this. Everything I needed

gentleFox20 September 29th, 2022

@Fristo

Some great reminders here Fristo, than you so much <3

SirenOfSerenity September 29th, 2022

@Fristo Thank you for this post! I'll be sure to share it to new or returning hosts :)

practicalEast642 August 22nd, 2023

Is everything okay with chatroom hosting? I tried to get to it at about 9 am Florida time but got 502 Badgateway error message. So I don't know what the reason may have been but if you need dedicated hosting in florida juts let me know. Or you can just talk to them directly and ask for help. Please don't get me wrong. But when you have many visitors, sometimes shared hosting just can't cope with all the organic visits.

trueconfidant123 August 22nd, 2023

@Fristo

Helpful indeed. Thank you for enlightening us.

innateJoy9602 August 22nd, 2023

@Fristo

Soo many helpful tips!!

Thank you for this Fristo! (: 💜