Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Disability support room

Wind588 August 10th

If the disability room is not available where do we go for disability support.

DarkSquirrel August 10th

@Wind588

Thank you for asking, Wind.  I was wondering same thing.  It can be hard to find a place to chat with others who understand what it's like to be disabled.  Maybe we need to find other website?  I'm sure another website has anonymous disability chat.  We should look for one.

lookingforasmile87 August 10th

@Wind588

I was wondering the same. Losing the chat room out of the blue was really disturbing! Still am shocked about it disappearing like that. It is the only safe space I have to talk with people who understand what am I going through. Do we have to be affraid of losing a safe space on a website that promises to help us? I am grateful for everything that people here on 7 cups did for me and how there are helping me on daily basis. But my trust in this platform is now shaken, sadly. :-(

AffyAvo August 10th

@ASilentObserver

It seems odd to me this has happened to the disability room, over a weekend with no announcement. 

There have been many many discussions before about informing people before changes are made. I'm confused if this was just a mistake, but if so it seems as though more than 1 com mod is making the same mistake.  If it's not a mistake why the lack of communication?

MistyMagic August 10th

I have been getting complaints from members all day that the room wasn't open. I thought it had been closed in error so I opened it. Then the complaints happened again later in the day, I checked and the room had been closed, and closed whilst members were actively chatting!

As the Disability Support Room leader I haven't been consulted or informed that there were any changes to the room status, so I opened it again.

Tagging @Suryansh 

DarkSquirrel August 10th

@MistyMagic

Wow.  Sorry to hear they didn't even talk to you about what was going to happen with the chat room.  They should communicate with you better on that.  I hope they will communicate with us all soon.

MistyMagic August 11th

@DarkSquirrel yep thanks, I am sure this will all be cleared up soon and the room will be open 24/7 again so we can offer the support needed to all and resume our regular chats.

Suryansh August 11th

@MistyMagic

Hello Misty! It seems to have been closed by mistake, due to some miscommunication. If the room is to be made a pop-up one in the future, GS team will make sure to inform the community before making any changes. It's open now for support purposes! 💙

OneErased August 11th

@Suryansh

Same thing happened to the LGBTQ+ support room too, so you might wanna check out the situation for all the smaller rooms.