Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Group Support Member FAQ

Heather February 22nd, 2016

What is the purpose of each Group Support room?

You can learn about the purpose and goals of each support room here.

What happens if I receive a warning?

A warning in itself is nothing to worry about. It does not affect your account and will expire in 6 hours. If, however, you continue to receive warnings you may be muted. You would need to be warned 3 times to receive a mute.

6 hours without a warning will clear the slate for you.

What happens if I get muted?

A first or second mute will last for 24 hours. After this time, you will be able to use the chat rooms again as usual. A third mute will last for 1 year. If you receive a third mute and believe this was in error, you can request an account review here.

Someone is upsetting me. What should I do?

If someone is being hurtful towards you, click mute/report in their message. You can personally mute them in this way, which means you will not be able to see anything they type. Additionally, you can file a report on the person.

There is a problem in the chat room. How can I contact a moderator?

There are two ways you can get help:
1) Check in another support room for a moderator.

2) Submit an emergency help request. The emergency form is located in the chat room rules. There is a form for adults and a form for teens.

Some members have badges beside their name. What do these mean and how can I earn one?

The badges are to recognise contributions to group support. You can earn the badges by being kind and supportive in the room. Learn more here.

Where can I find out what discussions and support sessions are happening?

Take a look at the community events calendar to find out whats on.

Alternatively, you can click ‘Discussions in Progress at the bottom of the list of chat rooms to see what is on right now.

What can moderators do?

Learn about what moderators can and cannot do in this forum post.

Can I leave a review for a moderator or listener in Group Support?

Yes! You can leave reviews for moderators and listeners in the Group Support Review form. This can be found in the chat room rules. You can also leave reviews here for discussions and events that you've attended.

We use the information you leave here for quality control purposes and to pass on feedback anonymously to moderators.

Who can see reports I file?

If you leave a review for a moderator or listener in the review form, and Ambassadors @lorraine234, @aly and @fluffyunicorns84are able to see it.

If you report a member using the report button in the chat room, only Admins are able to see this.

Alwaysasleep February 22nd, 2016

@Heather This is very usefull. I am glad this post was made. I didnt know half of that even if Ive been in the groupchats a lot!

LoriT526 April 20th, 2016

@Heather

I don't understand why some people have a red dot some people have a blue dot some people have a yellow dot what does the dot mean and why do some people have pictures?

February 22nd, 2016

I know you haven't finished but this is already really useful, thanks!

Kaylee February 22nd, 2016

Thanks for this, it's looking great so far!

February 23rd, 2016

This post has been needed for awhile! Thanks for finally clearing some things up!!!

nanettemarie February 23rd, 2016

I'm still learning, but sticking.

AffyAvo February 23rd, 2016

In the 'what mods can do' section it says they can't ban. So when they can surpass the warning system, what happens?

Where do the reports go?

Who sees my email address on the report form?

MythologicalMayhem February 23rd, 2016

@AffyAvo

The reports go to Moderator Leaders or basically, those who are above moderators. Moderators won't be able to see your report or email address, don't worry.

AffyAvo February 23rd, 2016

@MythologicalMayhem

As asked, I commented as I thought things were missing.

Amelia February 23rd, 2016

@AffyAvo I think that's a good thing to be included in this post as it can be confusing. Afterall, it depends on which reports. The emergency mod reports go to moderators in general while reports about a mod typically go to @Heather and she occasionally has a small team who she trusts helping her.

asl30 June 3rd, 2017

How to unblock a listener ?

hardworkingBanana2441 October 6th, 2017

Is there anyway, if you talk to someone who isn't a listener if you can message them somehow?

Jenni82 January 9th, 2018

Is there a way to edit my profile? Such as my name and picture?