Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Who are you thinking about this Christmas?

lucy2 December 19th, 2021

This past year has been more difficult than most, so many of us grieving for lost love ones.

There has been many losses through Covid too, such a traumatic time for so many, and our hearts go out to you ❤️

Often, anticipation of Anniversaries are worse, so be kind to yourself.

Who are you thinking about this Christmas?

Sending love

Lucy2

fruityPond7887 December 20th, 2021

@lucy2

This Christmas, I am thinking of my dog who I lost 4.5 years and my great aunt who passed away last October. ❤️

lucy2 OP December 20th, 2021

Hi @fruityPond7887

Thank you for your post.

Our loved ones are very much on our minds right now❤️

Lucy2

fruityPond7887 December 23rd, 2021

@lucy2

Forever and always❤️

faithfulPear3602 December 20th, 2021

My son Asa. I feel like a part of me is missing and I just wish he was close to me. Not a minute goes by where I wish he was in my arms to love hug and celebrate the holidays and all the little joys and amazing moments that come with raising a baby. He's 1 years old now and a huge part of me feels like such a failure every day that not even a year later and I lost another family or it didn't work out. I have feelings of distrust, rejection, and abandonment now. I have been trying so freaking hard to work through but I'm still lonely and incomplete without him in my arms..Its going a little more steadier than a few weeks ago but its a constant effort to acknowledge daily with self help apps and resources which makes me feel like a burden or annoying if I try to express any of it to my family or few friends I do have.I wish he got to meet his brothers and sisters and knew that we all have love for him and a want to give that to him. I'm wondering if I'll ever see his eyes again. If you have suggestions or positive advice I'd appreciate that so much right now

Hi faithfulPear3602 ❤️

I'm so very sorry you are suffering so much, I cannot even begin to understand the pain in your heart.

I applaud you for taking steps to to help yourself, if this is helping then please don't be put off by others comments, only you know how you truly feel.

Lucy2

December 20th, 2021

Hello!

This is a strange Christmas for me.

During the Covid pandemic for the first half or so I had my dog by my side. I got through the lockdown by walking her and hiking with her everyday. Sadly I had to put her down. It was a terrible experience for me. I have been sad ever since. This will be my first Christmas with out her. I am feeling anxious.

In addition, most of my family has moved far away now that people can work remote and or enter new phases of their lives.

I have friends who lots sons, husbands, dads, moms - due to a variety of reasons, mental health issues, physical health issues, cancer, Covid. All of the above.

People have lost their homes because both parents lost their jobs and were unable to find work.

This Christmas is a different Christmas for sure.

There is a lot of my mind, a lot of illness, a lot of cancer and lot of grief, a lot of sadness.

All we can do is be kind and hope for the best and make the best of what we have because we never know when it will all change in the blink of an eye.

Thank you @warmheartedPlace887 for

sharing your pain and

for reminding us all, that kindness goes a long way in helping us to manage grief.

Sending love and support

Lucy2 ❤️

southernladee December 22nd, 2021

I always think about my wonderful memories of my Mom she was born on Christmas Eve.

lucy2 OP December 22nd, 2021

Hi @southernladee

What wonderful memories they must be too! ❤️

Lucy2

lucy2 OP December 22nd, 2021

Hello @lightBunny637

Our Mums are are always in our hearts ❤️ they are very special to those of us who have lost ours.

Thank you for posting

Lucy2

Breezy2013 December 25th, 2021

This Christmas I am thinking of my dad who died in 1995, my mom, who died in 2007, and my mother-in-law, who died in 2020, three days before Christmas. My husband is not doing well. Anyone here who prays, we could use some prayers.

lucy2 OP December 25th, 2021

@Breezy2013

So sorry to read this 💕

Coming you way xx

Lucy2

Tichita December 27th, 2021

This Christmas is the hardest for me. It has been an awful year. I lost my dog, my companion for 11 years, the purest soul on earth. Later on I lost my grandfather due to covid. And recently I lost my ex boyfriend to suicide. I am thinking about all of them and missing them every day.

lucy2 OP December 28th, 2021

@Tichita

I feel your sadness ❤️

Lucy2

SparklyFly December 10th, 2022

@lucy2 I am thinking of my grandparents and all of the special memories. I miss them.