Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Pet loss and adopted

Country3262 October 20th, 2023

I lost my old dog little over a month ago and I wanted to try adopting another. I found a dog I was interested in and currently doing a 3 day trial with her to see if she’s a good fit. Right now she is doing great and is very well behaved but I don’t feel as excited as I thought I would be. Since I’ve gotten her home I’ve had a gut feeling that I shouldn’t be doing this and I feel like crying. I don’t know if I’m still missing my old dog or trying to except I dont have time for an animal bing a part time college student/part time job.

i feel like my insides are telling me not to go through with it but I feel ashamed for returning her even tho it’s a test trial.

toughTiger6481 October 20th, 2023

@Country3262

This is why they have trials...... It is ok to admit you do not have the time / and are not over your grief yet.   I think you would feel worse not being happy but feeling stuck with this dog..

Take the dog back and maybe later you can think of adopting. 

Tinywhisper11 October 20th, 2023

@Country3262 aww I'm so sorry you lost your old dog😥 loosing a big part of your family like that, is truly heartbreaking 😞 if you don't have enough time for a new dog, perhaps you should trust your gut and wait for a little while. Give your self time to grieve properly. But if you decide to keep the new puppy, you know that in no time at all you will love her with all your heart ❤❤ whatever you decide Tiny or whisper are great names 😁 good luck sweetie ❤