Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Mom's birthday

littleChestnut6051 May 24th, 2023

My mom passed away unexpectedly 5 months ago and today is her birthday and I feel like my heart is breaking all over again like it did on the day she passed away. I miss her so much and I just want to hug her and tell her I love her

toughTiger6481 May 24th, 2023

@littleChestnut6051

5 months is a very fresh grief and as time passes more items may be hard ..... holidays/ b-days .... even items you would not expect..

I was talking with my stepdad before my moms death and he told me she had developed a love of a certain candy ......... it is hard for me to even see commercials for it or item in a store ....... It is crazy to me that makes me sad and I am farther down the road in time since she passed.

as more time goes by you might find peace in talking aloud to her while by yourself ..... i sometimes do while i walk by myself. It helps me.

littleChestnut6051 OP May 24th, 2023

I talk out loud to her all the time, it's one of the things that helps me most but today just really hit me hard. She was my best friend and I just feel so lost without her. I use to call her everyday and talk even if it was only for five minutes at least I got to talk to her but now I call my stepdad every day

needtotalk87 June 1st, 2023

@littleChestnut6051

So sorry you lost your mom I know how terrible that feels. My mom died earlier this month and it has been very difficult to deal with. Like you I talked to her every day and now that I can't it really hurts. I've had to rely a lot on faith to help me get through it cause I don't have much support as far as family and friends. I read hopeful scriptures daily and try to find comfort in knowing she's no longer suffering and is at peace now. You say your mom died unexpectedly that's gotta really hurt cause you didn't have time to say everything to her you wanted to. My mom had cancer and died after a month in the hospital so I got to tell her everything I wanted to before she passed. We just gotta believe we'll see them again someday and there will be no more suffering or death but eternal joy and peace.

littleChestnut6051 OP June 1st, 2023

I am sorry you lost your mom. It has been the worst thing I have ever been through and I just can't get over it. She had pancreatic cancer and went in for surgery and then got covid after her surgery and five days later she was gone. I never got to see her when she was in the hospital because of the covid they wouldn't let anyone except my dad in with her. I was so excited because they had finally decided we could come visit, my dad was going to pick me up on Monday and take me in. The doctors were impressed with how she was recovering depsite the pain she was going through and then she was just gone. I talk to my dad every day because I can't talk to my mom every day on the phone like I use to. He lives 5 hours away so I don't get to see him alot but they had brought mom an hour away from me for the surgery. The biggest thing was never getting to say goodbye. Since we are both going through the same thing if you ever need someone to listen message me on here!

needtotalk87 June 1st, 2023

@littleChestnut6051

Yes it is the worst thing I've been through as well I can't imagine anything ever being more difficult or painful. Pancreatic cancer is terrible my mom had metastatic cervical cancer. Like you I wasn't really expecting her to die because she was running around and in good spirits believing she could beat the cancer until she broke her leg a month before she died and found out the cancer had spread to her bones. It all went downhill fast after that I was up at the hospital every day with her and saw her get worse and worse. She was in a lot of pain and was afraid of dying alone so I made sure to be with her every day but it was extremely difficult to deal with. I saw her vitals getting worse and dropping fast so I knew she was close and I held her hand when she died it was the hardest thing I've ever done but I hope she felt some comfort at the end because I was there.

I'm sorry you didn't get to see your mom and say goodbye before she passed so you could get some closure that has to be very difficult to deal with. I can imagine how devastating it was to think she was getting better so you'd have to time see her and then she dies. She definitely knew you loved her though and that you would have been there with her if you could. We have to try to get some comfort knowing they're no longer suffering or in pain and are now somewhere much better where they'll never have to experience any of that ever again.

Thanks for saying I can message you anytime you can message me anytime you feel like it as well I'll be here for you to listen and try to provide some comfort.