Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

A downward spiral

DanDrisco February 29th

Good evening to you all,

I have been struggling with grieving for a little over two years now and I feel like it's never going to end. I lost my father in late 2022, and that has been very difficult as I have become still for too long. My birthday was yesterday and I lost my aunt, which has been a more challenging feat as my mom was apologetic the entire day, which I didn't want her to feel that way necessary.

I'm growing tapped out of this, and no matter what I do if I try to build or do anything I am always met with a roadblock necessary to even start said project. I can't take this anymore, it's too much and I'm afraid it's only getting worse. Can't sleep, can't eat, can't move. Help, please.

Kristynsmama March 1st

@DanDrisco

Hi Dan.  I’m very happy to meet you although I’m sad for the reason.  Losing anyone you love is very difficult but especially losing either a parent or a child.  I have not lost either of my parents, thank goodness, but I have lost a child.  And I’m the early days of my grief, I too felt exhausted, run down, like I just couldn’t do it anymore.  It’s been many years since my dear sweet Kristyn passed away and my heart has healed.  My pain never goes away completely, but it does get better with time.

I would like to invite you to our group chat for grief and loss.  It is the 2nd and last Wednesday of each month from 9-11 pm EST in the Support Session Room.

DanDrisco OP March 1st

@Kristynsmama thank you for your response. I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I would like to accept your invitation, I will set a reminder. I have been struggling with finding a good avenue to talk about things and hope this one can help ease my mind.