Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My Best Friend Died in a Motorcycle Accident

kerryg July 2nd

First time posting here. I needed to vent. This year I met someone with such infectious energy. We ended up talking on the phone every night, until one of us fell asleep. He encouraged me to get out of the house more. I had become a real shut in and he broke me out of my shell. He passed away last month. A car ran a stop sign and hit him while he was on his motorcycle. I threw up when I called his phone and his stepmom answered the phone to tell me the news. The funeral was a month ago. I am struggling not to go back to being shut in again and I am smiling around my friends and family when I visit with them. Yesterday I was playing the guitar, and ended up writing a song for him, crying. I realized that this hit me harder than I realized. This impacted me so much. I am trying to celebrate him but this mourning is unlike any other I have gone through. It feels like time was stolen from us. I don't talk on the phone with anyone for hours anymore. I feel so lonely without him.

SummerKay2024 July 4th

@kerryg

Sending you lots and lots of strength. He would want you to keep going and find joy. I know how ur feeling as I lost both of my best friends within 6 months of each other. Celebrate him with the song you wrote and the memories you made. Grief is a hard hard journey and it takes time be gentle with urself. I'm under the grief community and have a few memes posted. Sending you hugs. 

SummerKay2024 July 4th

Also sending you condolences so sorry for ur loss and the pain that you're experiencing. Sending you tons of hugs and strength.

Tinywhisper11 July 4th

@kerryg I'm so sorry sweetie 😥 when people are taken away from us so suddenly, it was maybe you were in shock and it took you a little while for the grieving to start. It's incredibly sad 😢 and must be extremely hard for you to get used to him not being there right now. My heart goes out to you ❤gives you a giant tiny hug ❤ we are all here for you ❤