Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Daily Meditations by Marcus Aurelius - #3

kabir22 September 23rd

"The things you think about determine the quality of your mind. Your soul takes on the color of your thoughts."
Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 5:16

Welcome back, and today we got a very cool line which can be considered as me going "whoa! That's cool". Just like a painter chooses colors for a masterpiece, we can choose our thoughts to create a vibrant, fulfilling life. When we focus on positivity and growth, we nurture our minds and souls, paving the way for a brighter outlook. So, let’s paint our thoughts with hues of hope and empowerment!

First sorry for the delay and second here's new snippet!
Those who are new, welcome and if you think why this random quote fiesta well, here's an explanation

tagging some who might enjoy this quote and share their thoughts: @MelodyoftheOcean @Hope @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @SparkyGizmo @DanCat1128

Gettingbettertoday September 23rd

@kabir22

My mind does a lot of thinking without my permission. Best i am able to do is stop it once it has started.

kabir22 OP September 23rd

@Gettingbettertoday
Sometimes taking that one pause is all we need! You are doing a good job in stopping and reflecting on your own thoughts!

MelodyoftheOcean September 23rd

@kabir22

Thank you for posting this!

I think it can often be hard for some people, to focus on the positive, when negatives present themselves strongly, during a hard time. What I've found to be more effective at times, was to try and welcome the negativity in as well, no nurturing it, but not fighting it either. That way, it can feel that it has less of an impact on us. 

Or in the words of George Orwell: "Happiness can exist only in acceptance."

Whichever approach works best for any individual should be cherished, though. Thank you for bringing this up!

kabir22 OP September 24th

@MelodyoftheOcean
This is so good! (Extra points for quoting George Orwell)
The idea of accepting negative while being letting it pass through sounds good rather than just resisting it. Reminds me of that quote from Frank Herbert, "I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

The idea of acceptance can certainly be very helpful in day-to-day life and just enough to make realize that we are humans with good and bad days!

Thank you for taking your time to share your thought! 💚💙

caringKermit3888 September 24th

@kabir22 thank you for sharing this information!!