Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Somehow i belong

reservedLemon3164 July 2nd, 2023

In the past few weeks, i've been feeling a bit out of place. My mental health wasn't the best, neither were my relationships and i was wondering what could possibly be wrong with me. Turns out my hobbit soul just needed two weeks in Iceland. I have never been here before, but somehow i feel more at home than i ever did.

The nature is one of the prettiest things i've ever seen and maybe one day when i'm just slightly older i'll take my closest friend (or a lover...who knows, if the gods are in our favor it might turn out in a million different ways) here. I know he'd belong just as i do.

Anyway what i wanted to say was just how sometimes you might think "i want to give up". But then you think "actually. Actually maybe i want a coffee. A break. To laugh. To live somewhere else. To live."

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 3rd, 2023

@reservedLemon3164

I sooo love thiss! 💛

Scenery-change is a real thing, sometimes we can use breaks and new places and new people to experience something relatively new/ different, specially while dealing with mental and emotional health challenges! Love the last paragraph~ "....to live."

Iceland is so pretty too, I love being in nature! 🥰

What all did you do on this trip?

reservedLemon3164 OP July 3rd, 2023

You are absolutely right!🧡Humans need stimulation, just like any other living creature and we tend to forget about it. Sometimes it can be such things as changing the colour you highlight with, sometimes it needs a bigger change.

So far i've survived a very long and adventurous flight here, and then visited some interesting places such as lava fields and hot pots. I still have plenty of time left here, tomorrow i'll be taking a hike on an iceberg and then i'm staying at a farm with a host family for a few days, so many great things to look forward to!

lullaby17 July 3rd, 2023

@reservedLemon3164

I am very happy for you , and so glad you are enjoying being in Iceland and you feel llike you belong there ❤️

reservedLemon3164 OP July 3rd, 2023

Thank you for such kind words! 🧡

I really hope i'll be able to take that friend of mine here, i think of him a lot, he'd love it here.