Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Don’t know what to do

Nyla07 January 29th

My first time here, it may be long

Im a college student and I’m trying to become Vet Tech. However, this is a fast-paced program and it lasts a year and a half. Ever since my senior year of high school I’ve been battling bouts of depression, but never got therapy about it. I didn’t want to go to college yet because I felt I wasn’t ready to step into society without a job so I wanted to get a little experience so college could be smoother. Unfortunately that didn’t work because my parents wanted me to go to college immediately. Alright I just went. 

I felt the immediate effects of a fast-paced program and I didn’t know how to grasp the concepts fully. By the time I had some material down, we were taking a test and off to the next course. Therefore I don’t feel I got the best out this program and desperately wanted to start over, but by that time my parents al

Nyla07 OP January 29th

@Nyla07 Sorry pressed a button. To continue, my parents already put a hefty amount of money in the program and I didn’t want to waste their money. Now I’m at the point of having to go to externships, but I don’t feel my knowledge is up to par due to my past of not having therapy, and many other factors. This most definety will impact my performance and ultimately lead to me getting put out of the program.

I’m conflicted now because I had already taken a two month break because at that time I was suicidal, and had to take a break. I shouldn’t be feeling like this because I always wanted to become a veterinarian, but my one passion is becoming one I’m dreading everyday. I don’t know what to do with my life if this doesn’t work out.