Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

COUNSELLING

mariana4 June 8th, 2015

Hi , has anyone tried counselling for severe depression. Did it help, and how long before you start noticing a difference. I am awaiting counselling, but at the moment going deeper and deeper into depression.

CatPlum24 June 8th, 2015

I've been living with sever depression for 15 years. Therapy is great. I felt better after my first session! The right counselloris key so never be afraid to get a new one

CounselorKarin June 8th, 2015

The process of counseling varies in several things, like how much you trust the process, the counselor and what the presenting problem is. To best describe it think about a fitness and diet regimen, it takes a while and dedication in order for you to see results. There is also long term and short term therapy. Deep depression sounds complex, maybe your doctor may be involved to help with medication which also takes at least a month to take effect. Progress does depend on the person, but mainly don't expect quick results, just a step by step process. Hope this helps and doesn't overwhelm you. Hang in there and good luck!