Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

body image issues

anthystruly March 11th

how does one resolve their body image issues? 

ideally i imagine myself as skinnier and attractive, so i get shocked that im actually fat and not really good looking

how do i make peace with the fact that ill never be the beauty standard? 

toughTiger6481 March 12th

@feefus

The so call standard in whose eyes ?      hollywood or advertising all have a big reason to promote a lie $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The people who want to push an image are selling something .... diet industry  alone is 72 billion a year then add in makeup /lotions/ hair care  all huge money........ hoping to sell you the idea you need this or that. 

I have never been the image but it really does not matter.....   i found the great loves in my life if i had judged on if they fit a looks "standard"  i would have passed on them at first when meeting them i did not see a romantic relationship.... but as we talked and connected each time i looked at them they were more attractive.    

As for weight i was a bit heavy and it was not about how i looked to others but knowing i wanted for ME so i walked everyday and lost weight gained confidence and was happy with myself and it shows to others and in the MIRROR. 

sky2Ocean20 March 12th

@feefus

As a human being, we somehow got used to seeing imperfections in our bodies. I appreciate that you have shared how you feel about it. Accepting our body is a journey in itself and I am glad you are aware of it. To start, in order to make peace with the fact that we are how we are, there are actually no fixed beauty standards. If today is this one.. tomorrow will be that one. In my opinion, we just don't have to participate in this constantly changing perception of those people who think beauty is objective.