Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I've finally decided to try to move forward, I'm scared

ezrea February 29th, 2016

At a hospitol in my area, they have an intensive program for sufferers of Anxiety and Depression (among other mental health concerns) that has you at the hospitol every weekday, for about as long as a normal work day. My therapist left me the information to decide on my own whether or not I felt I needed it. And today, today I only feel as though I have been getting worse, not better. It is time I took a stand and did what I need to, to get better. However, this is something unprecedented for me. I never would have imagined myself deciding to need this level of help before, so, I am terrified. Terrified to start this, terrified there might be something more significantly wrong, that I may be stuck where I am now at, forever. I hate this, I need help, but fear so strongly actually getting it.

stardust1701 February 29th, 2016

It's normal to feel scared at this, but recognizing that you want and need the help is a clear sign that you're strong enough to start getting better instead of worse. You can do it. This therapy can only help, and you can go through with it. It shows you have the will and spirit to get better. Stay strong!

Itsacrazylifewelive February 29th, 2016

@ezrea therapy may be beneficial! Be positive and it might pay off. :)

BridgetAileen February 29th, 2016

@ezrea Good for you! It's not easy to take a step like this when it can be such a frightening thing. I think it's quite understandable to be scared, after all, you mentioned several things that I'd be worrying and questioning, too. The good news is that you want to get better more than you are scared of the program. That's phenomenal! I wish you all the best as you take this step towards health. I believe good things will come from it.

ladylazarus1971 March 1st, 2016

@ezrea I am SO proud of you, honey! Look at all these potentially great decisions you are making, even though they feel so foreign and frightening. Never doubt how strong you are-- remember the moment you made this decision to ask for the assistance you need if ever you falter.

Please keep letting us know how your life is progressing... and it WILL progress in a healthy direction with you firmly in command at the helm.