Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I don't know what's wrong with me

FoxesareCool March 8th, 2023

I don't know where to really start, I guess I want to know from someone else what they think. Sorry for the lives story.

I'm 25 years old and still living with my dad now it seems he really has no problem with it but his girlfriend doesn't like it at all. I'm sitting pretty with free rent and everything inbetween.

Now my dad never seemed to care about anything I do it seemed whether it was school or getting a real job, I never got pushed by him while he bascially neglected me throughout my childhood, yeah he provided a roof over my head and food. But other than that my dad simply never cared, he didn't even care or believe that I was infact blind in one eye. He'd let me play video games over going to school he let me do just whatever I wanted. That was cool in the moment but honestly I could've used a good dad.

But back to the point of why I'm writing this, I've been trying to get my life back on track looking into college and I'm in the process of getting my ged all thanks to my Mom and boyfriend's help and pushing.

I just wish everyone I currently live with felt that way too, pushed me or helped me in the ways I need other than money. Instead it feels like they walk all over me, my dads girlfriend telling me to clean this or deep clean this room... reminding me that I don't have a job therefore you should clean the whole house type of stuff.

Most of the time I don't mind cleaning cus yeah it mostly gets everyone off my back for the day. But the thing is no one appreciates it at all. They all still call me names say snide stuff about me sorta bully me, which those actions in return make me less motivated when cleaning causing me to half-*** it. I just feel like they all sorta look at me like a slave at times and thats it, I either get yelled by his girlfriend or my dad himself. My dad even making me work with him then constantly telling me he's going to pay me yet that money never comes.

It just all feels like everyone in this house just doesn't care what I do with my life as long as I'm under them.

Idk why I really made this I think it was just for me to clear my thoughts on everything, you can respond if you want but really I just don't know if I'm in the wrong for feeling untreated, yeah you don't know the full story but why do I feel so conflicted on my feelings.

toughTiger6481 March 8th, 2023

@FoxesareCool

while some people are good motivators like your mom and step dad .... hoping to help you find your way........

could it be your dad and his GF are thinking if you are uncomfortable or ticked off ....by the thank less cleaning etc .......that will spur you to make changes needed to get a job ... moved out etc.....