Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

For the first time, there's hope

BloodHeart October 31st, 2015

I could never really talk to anyone, even my closest friends, what was on my mind and troubling me, so I simply kept it all inside. Maybe a week ago, I stumbled upon this site, noticing that it offered to connect me to a listener. Back then I thought that I'd just be wasting someone's time since there are people with way bigger problems than mine.

However, yesterday I talked to a listener, and I was amazed by how good it felt just to talk about it to someone who actually seemed to care. I signed up and noticed this "growth" thing, realizing that there is a way out of my problems, a journey. It's as if I'm not as lost anymore, I actually have hope. Something I couldn't even dream of until yesterday.

I'm sorry if this thread is out of place, I'm not sure I have all the rules down, yet.

TheWanderer27 October 31st, 2015

This is an incredibly supportive place and I'm glad you found it. :) Things will get better and everyone here is here to help each other, no matter what position you find yourself in at the minute. Best of luck with your journey! :)

BloodHeart OP October 31st, 2015

@TheWanderer27 Thank you :) It's really is a welcoming and supporting community <3

Amelia November 1st, 2015

@BloodHeart

I'm so glad you found a listener who you connect with!! And, so proud of you for taking the plunge and becoming a member. Keep on pushing forward!!

BloodHeart OP November 1st, 2015

@RocketsMom I will do my best :)

Ella3141 November 2nd, 2015

@BloodHeart : Way to go! You're so brave to reach out and I'm glad you found help. Keep going and hold on to your hope, because there's always, ALWAYS a way forward. I myself have started out on the site as a member, then "graduated" to a listener. And although I loved listening, I hadn't overcome my issues. So lately, I decided to go looking for a listener again and I started to talk about myself again, on top of listening. And it's such a good decision. I feel like in order to move forward, I need to accept that I need a supporter I can trust by my side, and that bottling things in, even the small things, will always lead to mental mould...
So good luck to you on your journey, you're not alone! :)

BloodHeart OP November 3rd, 2015

@Ella3141 Thank you. I agree that bottling up emotions and thoughts can be devastating in the end, and to me personally it doesn't matter if the person I talk to will forget everything I said, as long as I get to let it all out. It's amazing how much better I've been feeling after joining here

It's great that you decided to become a listener. In fact, I was thinking of becoming one, too. There are always people who need listeners :)