Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

daydreaming reflection

Mdreaming101 March 2nd

Daydreaming is my coping mechanism that I become addict to, I don't want to let go.

When I try, I feel a sense of crisis. This fear that I have tuck away in my closet begin to shake so bad I couldn't ignore it that I recall - I am afraid of humans, of other people, of their thoughts, and their words. I tell myself, other people don't matter but in truth, their thoughts, their words, their actions, weight so heavy in my mind. I ask why it matter so much, did I ever grow up? Will I always be this little lonely girl? 

Chuckles. The little girl lived on the belief that one day, she will meet better people, be financially stable, find common friends, bond with a significant other, and together grow many little sprouts. Surely God won't forsake her. But she turns 30 and now wonder if this little girl ever grew up? Maybe the little girl just become better at lying to herself, believing in a false light. Everything she dreams, the passion, the faith - everything begin cracking n she knows she can't glue them back together. All she hopes for will never come and her dreams have already ended. What she is doing is the futile attempt to ignore reality, replaying loops of her daydream as time tick away. The more she hides the less she is able to face people and the less her confident is to function in life. 

I am not only wither inside, I feel I cannot change my fate. 

BelovedMe March 2nd

@Mdreaming101 It sounds like you're experiencing a lot of internal struggle and fear of facing reality. 😊It's understandable to use daydreaming as a coping 😌mechanism to escape from those difficult emotions, but it's also important to acknowledge that constantly avoiding reali🪙ty can prevent personal growth🌊 and fulfillment. 💔 It's okay to feel scared and uncertain about facing other people and their judgments, but remember that you have the strength within you to overcome these challenges. 🌟 It may be helpful to seek support from a therapist or counselor🐈 who can help you work through these feelings and develop healthier coping strategies. 💬 You're not alone in this journey, and there is hope for positive change and growth. ☘️

lovingRainbows2088 March 2nd

@Mdreaming101

It sounds to me that you are dealing with a lot of internal struggles and reality is one of them.  That you are faced with and that you feel like daydreaming is one of your good coping skills. Because it lets you create a new reality on your mind that isn't really true.  I think you should see a therapist or a counselor that can work through the problems that you are currently facing and develop other coping skills that you can use. You are not alone in this you can reach out to me or your fellow listeners here on 7 cups.

lovingRainbows2088 March 2nd

@Mdreaming101

I can also understand that when you daydream it takes you to a new world where you don't really have to worry so much. But when you return your problems are still going to be there.  I believe you can change your fate if you try hard enough.