Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Self Talk

littleSkies6260 July 13th

Negative self talk has always been a downfall of mine for as long as I can remember. "You are your worst critic" as they say right? I've done a great deal of research on it. . . I get the basics. . Claim.Challenge.Change all the little tricks and what not. But sometimes it still isn't that simple. 

What happens when you sit back reflecting and come to the realization that you are where you are 90% because of YOU. Your choices, your decisions, and your actions is exactly what put you in the situation and frame of mind you find yourself loathing. How do you replace negative self talk with positive when you cannot find anything you like about yourself anymore? 

BlueDarkAurora July 13th

@littleSkies6260 I do relate to what you said and yes it can cause a lot of grief thinking that your choices are responsible for where you are now in life but there's some positive in that as well ^^ I think it's better that the choices that I make are guiding my life, meaning I can learn from the mistakes and try to make better decisions. This way atleast I know that I tried my best with whatever I had. Our past self needs some compassion too, that younger version of us tried right :) 

littleSkies6260 OP July 14th

@BlueDarkAurora I get that 100% and I would love nothing more than to be able to adapt that mindset again. . I used to live by “every decision I once made has made is the reason I am where I am today” and “never regret something that once made you happy” … however I’m quickly realizing that there are two meanings to “every decision has led me here” and the latter is where I’m stuck and can’t figure out how to get un-stuck

BlueDarkAurora July 14th

@littleSkies6260 I really appreciate the way you write ^^ makes your point come across very clearly. I guess healing and growth always starts from within so we can work on finding the good in our own self first, getting our sense of worth back. Like from this interaction I find that you've got self awareness ( pretty rare in people I say @_@), you are kind with your words and I'm sure you've got many more qualities that people who know you knows. Have you tried sleep affirmations? I find them helpful to reprogram my negative self talk. 

littleSkies6260 OP July 15th

@BlueDarkAurora thank you so much for your kindness! It is truly appreciated! 

I have not tried sleep affirmations. . guess you could say I'm a little late to the party, but I'm just now getting into research of affirmations, mindfulness, and meditation. Everyone always wanted to tell me I needed to try them, but would never explain them to me or exactly what I'm supposed to do. I'm a very detailed oriented person, so basically in order for me to really be able to understand and complete what I'm doing, I need to know what the intended purpose or end goal is supposed to be. if that makes sense? 

BlueDarkAurora July 16th

@littleSkies6260 It does make sense<3 Always a good idea to clear all the doubts before trying something out and I'm learning about it all as well ^^ The more we know, the more we wanna know *-* Hope you find so many ways that work for you and hope it helps in reaching your goals.