Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Resolving Mental Health Issues

intuitiveEast6300 December 29th, 2022

Hey everyone!

As some of you know, I am working on losing my fear of abandonment. Since I have made decent progress, I hit a roadblock that I have to go over in order to continue with my fear of abandonment; it's called low self-esteem. I must have made decent progress so far because I think I uncovered the other part of my fear of abandonment called mild separation anxiety, and I believe the two go hand-in-hand (like, they trigger each other).

I am unsure of how to address both of these issues so I can continue working on getting rid of my fear of abandonment. I am learning about this thing called "interdependence," which I guess is keeping your own person while being closely connected to someone else; see, when I care about someone, I will happily give up anything in order to see the other person happy (or successful, or whatever). um....I guess this is unhealthy, so I am stuck.

Anyone got any tips?

Thanks in advance!

-East

innateJoy9602 December 29th, 2022

@intuitiveEast6300

You’re very good at introspection! I like how you can identify what you feel you need to work on and work towards self-improvement in those areas. I can see how putting others before yourself repeatedly can be unhealthy. A healthy balance of selflessness and selfishness is nice but can definitely be difficult to accomplish. Given your fear of abandonment, I can understand why you would give up anything for the other person. Practicing saying 'no' is a nice way to set boundaries I think. 💜

intuitiveEast6300 OP December 30th, 2022

Hi Joy,

Thanks so much for your support and kind words! I sometimes feel like it's selfish (or just not totally right) when you're in any type of strong connection and you want to spend time with others-even though there's nothing selfish about it at all.

-East