Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My relationship with my mom

I feel so neglected by my mom. She's currently ignoring me since I'm "such a mean *** to her all the time." As an eldest daughter, she always vents and cries to me about her troubles like when her sister had to be watched since her meds made her want to off herself and when her brother was planning on offing himself. I'm a child, I can't handle that any better than you can. I told her I felt neglected and she got upset and said I can say what I want but she knows she's not neglectful. When I tried to tell her something and she didn't listen, I got upset about her not listening, and she yelled at me about how I'm the child and she's the parent and how she doesn't need to listen to me. My brother had the same situation of her not listening, and she apologized and soothed him. She's started taking my devices away at 930 pm (I'm using this one in secret), and she said she's no longer gonna try with me, she provides basic necessities and that's all she legally needs to do. She told me if I need rides, I can just walk. She wants me to walk two miles in peak heat tomorrow to get to my rehearsal. I feel like I'm only a child when she wants me to be, and I have to step it up and parent when she wants me to. I feel like a lot of my will to live is just gone...

adorebee July 31st

@littleStrawberries1840

Hi, sorry you're having such a hard time right now. It sounds like you have a lot of stressors in your life. Just know that there are lots of listeners here for you. Seeing your mother have such a different relationship with you compared to your brother must be difficult. 

I hope you feel better soon. Stay safe,

-Bee

competentTruth3079 August 5th

@adorebee ❤

competentTruth3079 August 5th

@littleStrawberries1840 It's tough being parentified, it's like not even having a mother at all. Treated like an extension of her emotional needs. I hope you can, find your peace and boundaries away from the hostility of that toxic home life. We're all here to hear you out. ❤💯