Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

MHAM: Embracing the Journey of Letting Go: A Path to Healing

pasted-image-0-1_1716492925.png

In life, we often find ourselves holding onto things that no longer serve us – past relationships, old habits, or even memories that weigh heavy. But there comes a time when we should try to find the courage to let go, release ourselves from the chains of the past, and embrace the beauty of the present moment.

Moving on is not easy. It requires strength, resilience, and a willingness to confront the pain that resides within us. Yet, it is also a transformative journey, and one that often leads us towards healing and self-discovery.

Acknowledge Your Feelings

The first step towards moving on is to acknowledge your feelings. Allow yourself to grieve, to feel the sadness, anger, or regret that may accompany letting go. These emotions are valid, and it's essential to honour them as part of the healing process. I believe that the only way out is through and in other words we need to go through pain to heal and by processing our thoughts and feelings we can gradually heal. 

Release the Past

As you embark on this journey, remember that the past does not define you. Let go of any attachments to what once was and embrace the possibilities of what can be. Release yourself from the burden of holding onto things that no longer serve your growth and well-being. What plant do you choose to grow in your mind, a beautiful plant that is blossoming with the most beautiful flowers or a very thorny plant that is growing out of control and taking over?

Practice Self-Compassion

Be gentle with yourself during this time of transition. Understand that healing is a gradual process, and it's okay to take things one step at a time. Practice self-care and self-compassion, nurturing yourself with kindness and understanding along the way. It may also be useful to realise that it is not going to be easy and it’s okay to struggle from time to time when you are trying to let go of what no longer serves you. It is a practice and it takes lots of patience. 

Focus on the Present

Shift your focus towards the present moment. Engage in activities that bring you joy and fulfillment, whether it's pursuing a new hobby, spending time with loved ones, or simply enjoying the beauty of nature. By living in the present, you free yourself from the constraints of the past and open yourself up to new experiences and opportunities. The only time we have is now. Here is a great quote that I like by Eckart Tolle: Time isn't precious at all, because it is an illusion. What you perceive as precious is not time but the one point that is out of time: the Now. That is precious indeed. The more you are focused on time—past and future—the more you miss the Now, the most precious thing there is”. 

Embrace the Unknown

Moving on requires us to step into the unknown, to embrace uncertainty with courage and optimism. Trust in the journey ahead, knowing that with each step you take, you are growing stronger and closer to finding peace within yourself.

In the end, moving on is not about forgetting the past, but rather, it's about finding peace within ourselves and I hope you find solace in the knowledge that you are not alone, and that brighter days are ahead.

Discussion: What is something that you feel you need to let go of? 

Photo by Natalya Letunova on Unsplash

Want more personalized guidance? Check out my profile

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

Another helpful reminder in dealing with emotions, and learning to let go of what no longer needs to be carried by us. Thank you for taking the time to share!🌻

LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP May 24th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

You are most welcome and it is always so lovely to see you drop by! :) 🌻

Want more personalized guidance? Check out my profile
mytwistedsoul June 18th

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS It's hard to let go of things. I struggle with emotions. I've been numb for months now. There's an underlying tone of grief but it doesn't feel like I'm fully grieving. I lost my dog in Nov and my father two weeks later. Our relationship was complicated. I've been handling his estate because his GF couldn't do it. Maybe after it's all done I'll feel able to grieve 

The past was abusive and I've been slowly trying to work through it but it's been hard and doesn't go away overnight. I know they say the past doesn't define you but it's played a big part in being who I am. In some ways I'm still locked in the past. I had thought that reconnecting with my father would help but we never really talked about it. There were a few small conversations but he denied it or made excuses. My self compassion is almost non-existent because I'm frustrated and impatient but I have been trying to do better with it

The hobbies I used to enjoy have taken a back seat. Most of the time is spent working. But I have started traveling more and have made it to the beach twice this year. I also spent two weeks in the beautiful state of WV. That's something I never thought I'd do tbh

Tinywhisper11 June 30th

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS I need to learn to work on a lot of thees🙁 biggest ones being releasing the past, and self compassion. My past is something I'm still trying to process as well as getting over it, I'm not sure you know about my past trigger warning -  disabilities and abuse.. Without going into to much, basically I was a slave till I was rescued at the age of 18. Now I'm disabled, stuck in a wheelchair constant pain, missing limbs etc.

so even though it's been a long time since all that I'm 23 years old now, but what happened, I can't get over, and I was born healthy, now I look like a feak😞

but I am generally good at keeping positive outlook s, and just going through the days making myself happy with the little things in life,  and I don't really think it sorry about the future, just live Dr each day ❤❤

Tinywhisper11 June 30th

@Tinywhisper11 sorry that was a bit long😕. I hope your coping ok with the heat? Gives you a giant tiny hug ❤❤ have a great day

LittleEggHarbor July 1st

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS I need to let go of pain from the past :(