Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Is it too late for me to start Journaling?

Lonewolf360 July 28th

So hi I've been dealing with some on and off intrusive thoughts and some self esteem issues for a while now some positive and well alot of negative ones in-between the more boring and mundane aspects of life n all, recently my mom gave me a notebook to write in after a mental break I had not too long ago yet at the same time I have no clue what to even put down "oh I nearly stopped myself from spiraling because of so and so" any perspective would be a help

toughTiger6481 July 28th

@Lonewolf360

It is never to late just start it will not make sense at first will sound crazy ...if  and when you re- read your journal later but sooner or later it will help. IMO

Lonewolf360 OP July 29th

Alrighty then I'll definitely try jotting some things down tho it's gonna he kinda awkward to start all things considered

coolvibes July 30th

@Lonewolf360 journaling can be done in so many way with a variety of focuses. You don’t always have to in sentences to get your thoughts and feeling down on paper. You can put drawing or collages in your journal. You can place affirmations and pro and cons list. You can organize in columns emergency plans and hobbies. These will help with recovery. You can write your favorite quotes and song phrases. Feel free to make your journal your unique expression. Take care.

coolvibes July 30th

@coolvibes express your stories

Lonewolf360 OP July 30th

Two pages in and I kinda made a practice for the positive affirmations bit after a short recap of how I felt for the day along with a lil sketch,I'll definitely take the quotes and phrases into consideration and thanks a ton have a great day

coolvibes July 30th

@Lonewolf360 anytime

jesusredeemedme2425 August 7th

Absolutely not! <3

Just freewrite… Anything and everything that comes to mind. Don’t stop for at least 5 minutes. Then reread it later and see what themes or discoveries you notice <3

Swordpsalm August 7th

@jesusredeemedme2425

I seldom journal anymore. However, I feel that when I really need to express myself and my thoughts in private, I can always take my words to the written page.

Journaling really helped me through my anger and hurt I experienced due to the thoughtless actions of my frenemy. It brought me to a point where I tried to reconcile with him. He did not want to, however. His choice and his loss. I have other more truer friends.

Lonewolf360 OP August 7th

Honestly that's what I've been doing once I recently started it's nice to highlight the good moments of what happened and also to vent about the negative bits

@Lonewolf360

never too late

as for that , when it happens i just clump that period togther and label it with simple terms , unless something important or bad happened that you need to remind yourself with its often times better to just not dive deep and leave a few lines empty next to it in case you want tpo come back later and reminace . expolre what you felt at that time