Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I'm hurt

BTJMSA010509 November 8th, 2022

For the past week I've been talking to this guy flirting and stuff and he's been flirting back telling me about how pretty I am. I gave him a note saying that I thought that he was cute and we should talk sometime with my number on it. So when we started talking he said how gorgeous I was and amazing. Then he started talking about this girl he is in love with for the past 6 years. He got upset and said he wasn't flirting saying it's not his fault that I started to catch feelings and then he goes on to say that he did flirt and how he just wanted to be friends. I'm so upset I just want to cry or do something worse to myself. I dont know what to do.

SweetPea321 November 8th, 2022

Aww, I'm sorry this happened to you. The guy sounds wishy washy. Don't let him control your happiness. You can choose to be ok with it and move on. Somebody better is out there for you.

kindsoul314 November 8th, 2022

Hi .. I can appreciate your feelings of anger and sadness over this situation; however, I probably would have approached this another way. For example, you begin your post by saying that YOU have been "flirting" with this man for a week now and you even gave him a note with your number on it. If he sees you as "gorgeous and amazing", then of course he will tell you. But, I don't think that gives you an automatic 'green light' so to speak to give him your number without knowing for sure he isn't seeing someone else - which of course, in this case, he (unfortunately for you) is - for 6 years. I think what you may have perceived as "flirting" on his part was simply an acknowledgement of how lovely he found you to be.

I truly believe that you had only the best intentions when you began to talk with this man - but I think a little more restraint on your part would have been wiser until you found out about his current situation. I hope that you recover quickly from this and are able to move on because it's obvious that you are indeed a beautiful young woman and it won't be too long b4 "Mr. Right" does come along and indeed returns your phone call.

I wish you well....

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much YOU are loved by others"! ... The Wizard of Oz 1939, MGM Studios