Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I'm failing

fizzyy February 9th, 2023

I'm struggling in school. Last semester I had all A's except for an F in ELA because I wasnt doing work. Since the new year/semester started tho, my math and science grades have plummeted. I ave 3 F's right now and I have no motivation to get them back up whatsoever, besides band and my director. I also have to take a diagnostic and finish before the end of this week or I have in school suspension. I can never focus on the diagnostics, and even when I can, its not helping me at all and I'm not even testing into grade level. I'm so tired of school bs and idk what to do. Band and my bd are my only reasons I get up in the morning to go to school.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do??

innateJoy9602 February 9th, 2023

@fizzyy

It's nice that you have a passion for band. That seems like it could be a great source of motivation. I'm sorry your grades have plummeted though. As a student myself, it can be very discouraging to feel your academic performance slipping. What do you think caused your grades to slip this semester?💜

Aloneistand February 9th, 2023

@fizzyy

Hey there, I see you may feel burnt out, I don't blame you, I really relate, one thing I found helpful is giving myself a break! You may have studied for 45 mins and rested for 15 in a study interval, now you may need to reverse it. It's not the best but you keep up with your self care and just give study a greeting so that u don't get bored. Cheers and love.let me know what u think.

unassumingcoconut123 February 10th, 2023

@fizzyy I can really relate to this, I was doing so good in school and sports in the first half of school, but now that the new year has started i am failing almost all my classes and my sports coaches almost make me cry bc of how horrible I am at everything almost every practice

Hapra February 11th, 2023

I also loved band in school. It can be tough to navigate what motivates a person internally versus the external pressures.

unassumingcoconut123 February 11th, 2023

@Hapra Band is the only thing im good at in school

aliothwyou February 26th, 2023

@fizzyy

That's hard to deal with, especially when you're grades was amazing at the first half of school. This does happen quite often though, and I relate to this situation. Does it just feel like you can't do it anymore, or is there a different factor that caused you to feel so unmotivated?

404NF February 26th, 2023

@fizzyy

Hi, I think you can try to set a small goal for yourself and start with a learning goal that is easily achievable. Once you hit this goal, you can then set some longer-term goals. As you accomplish more and more goals, I think your motivation will also increase.

LavenderDaily February 26th, 2023

Hi there. I'm sorry you're struggling. I had a similar experience my first few semesters at college, even failing a class in my major. I didn't reach out for support at the university and now I wish I had. Is there anyone there who can help you sort through and/or maybe help you create a plan to work toward your goals in steps? Wishing you all the best! I know how difficult it can be.