Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I feel lonely and bored

generousIdea8091 July 25th

I feel like I am lacking connection with people, family members and my husband.

toughTiger6481 July 25th

@generousIdea8091

I have been there and i suggest you find a way/ hobby  to kill the boredom and the lonely may clear up... 

I became a avid walker and all of a sudden people in the neighborhood would want me to stop and talk...my family also were more like hey i will walk with you etc,  Maybe finding other outlets to talk to others even here or other places.  

generousIdea8091 OP July 27th

Thank you

sociableBalsam8933 July 27th

@generousIdea8091

Try calling a Warmline to talk about it! And maybe try to find resources to build more community/relationships in your area, like going on Bumble BFF and meetup to set up mtgs in a shared interest. Also exercise during the day and get some sleep!

ThoughtLight July 30th

@generousIdea8091 I'm so sorry to hear you're going through that but I know the feeling. If you like you are welcome to send me a private message and we can discuss the situation in more privacy.

yourlocalIKEA August 3rd

@generousIdea8091

Hi, I'm IKEA. I just checked your profile and see that you joined not long ago, so I'd like to say welcome to 7 cups!

You can access chat rooms here or talk to listeners to share your problems if you ever need to, so I think it's a good idea to join here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me here.

I hope you get all the support you want and need.

Best wishes,
IKEA

greka7 August 8th

@generousIdea8091

I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling this way.

I've been there too, actually experiencing it right now haha. I find that it helps to focus on yourself right now if it feels awkward to reach out to someone. Doing some self-care and some mild exercise helps me personally to feel rejuvenated and more confident. From there, I slowly advance towards reaching out to people like family and friends.

Sometimes, though, it feels like you just don't click with others, which demotivates you to really cultivate your relationship with others. I think this is the case with a lot of people, so don't worry too much about these emotions being unnatural -- it's definitely a human-nature to feel isolated despite being surrounded by many.

I'll be cheering you on, hopefully you'll be able to reconnect with those loved ones

hopefuloutlook August 10th

@generousIdea8091 Is there any particular reason you feel this way? Any stress? Perhaps figuring this out will pave the way to find resolution for it. Feel free to message me if you wish to talk about this.