Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Eggshell environment mess up

floatingLeaf4973 December 13th, 2023

I messed up in my eggshell environment. When I talk about my pain, my sister gets triggered, and like, "I have even more pain". Today I was in intense pain and talked about it before I realized it was too late. And then I got in even more pain thinking how she dismisses my pain saying she has even more pain. Then I talked more about how they dismiss my pain when I talk about it. It was all intended to communication, I tried to explain how one person having pain doesn't mean another person's pain is invalid. But she thought I was being haughty and doing injustice to them, they are right and I am wrong. So she got mad but couldn't take it out on me, so she took it out on a helpless kid. I felt so guilty I then comforted the kid, then her, then my mom. So another day in an eggshell environment. I feel so hopeless living here, it's hard to dream of better days living here where they are depriving me of basic necessities and I feel like I'm in danger most of the time.

Thank you for listening. Your support means a lot.

toughTiger6481 December 16th, 2023

@floatingLeaf4973

You have handled it very well.... at a point you may need to point out that pain is NOT a contest and no one Wins ........ her attitude about she has to be the one with most pain etc clearly shows she needs some help in controlling her emotions...  I see you have resigned yourself to be quiet and not upset them but NO you are right and they are in the wrong.... i hope you find a solution to eventually get away from that dysfunction.