Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

A Breath Of Life

JoeyXO February 16th, 2023

Hey I'm new to this and I love this app immediately because it was exactly what I needed at the time... But I wrote a little something to express myself. (Something I've been trying to build the guts to do... I try to stick to poetry but I feel like I lost myself and my flow but anyone with advice I'm willing and open to take. ❤️

I took a deep breath and stood still like a tree.

I open my eyes and finally seen.

There's was no life in me

My roots are damage

My wounds are open

My barks are falling

And my leaves are beneath me

And I asked myself am I a dying tree?

When the wind blows

I see the other dancing and swaying into nature flow

I hear the hymns that they produce from within

Oh how beautiful, the hymns that are produced within

The birds tag along and the others creatures dances such formation as if this was the only information they knew they were destined for.

I look from the eyes of envy and felt apart and saw I wasn't so far at all. I just had to find myself a part to play in this world I was destined for. That's when I took another deep breath and took the first breath of life.

SilverMistakes February 16th, 2023

@JoeyXO,

Hello, welcome to cups💐🙌!! I am happy that you found this place youself. I hope you can find the support✨, your awesome self✨ deserves.

Thank you for sharing your poem with us😊. It's has got so beautiful🎆 depths. With perfect tinge of hopelessness🌚 and hope🌝.( That's my way of looking at it 😺, but hehe! that's the best part about poetry💥- it speaks to each heart differently💙) It was very refreshing to read🌻. animated-text.gif

JoeyXO OP February 16th, 2023

@Silvermistakes Thank you so much you don't understand how much that means. Thank you !!

SilverMistakes February 16th, 2023

@JoeyXO

💛

bubbleField9847 February 16th, 2023

Very good poem! You got talent