Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Why do i feel so guilty for finding money on the floor?

NeonGlass April 10th, 2023

Today I found a five-dollar bill on the floor in a public space, now I usually would be all like "Sick! Free five bucks" but this time I was like "Oh god, I just stole from somebody, I'm a thief" The thoughts didn't go as far as to harm myself. Still, I've been anxious for a while, I've managed to relax and now I have no idea why I did that.

fruityPond7887 April 11th, 2023

@NeonGlass Hi Neon! I hope you are doing well. I can understand those types of thoughts. It almost sounds like an intrusive thought. They are unwanted thoughts that pop into our heads and they can seem very unlike us and can seem very far out there. I think something to remember with intrusive thoughts is not to fight them because the more we fight them, the more prevalent they become. Just remember that it's just a thought and it doesn't mean anything! If you keep having thoughts like this, please don't hesitate to seek a professional opinion. I am thinking of you!

slowdecline48 April 12th, 2023

Look at it this way: Fate/God/the universe/____ meant for you to have it. If you weren't supposed to have that $5, it never would've been dropped on the ground before you arrived. Whoever dropped it previously is most likely in a well-paid position & so won't be too bad off without it...poor people are better at hanging onto their money for obvious reasons.

Funny how this came up tonight. I was out this afternoon & found three dollars...the bills were laying on the grass. I happily picked them up. After I got home I added them to the cash stash. Didn't feel guilty about it in the least because I did not hurt anyone in doing this. You didn't either. When fortune smiles upon you, take it! A blessing is something to be grateful for.