Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Intro

energeticWillow4306 March 24th, 2023

Hi,

I'm a 41 year old, mother of 2. My son is 19 years old and my daughter is 12. I'm a healthcare professional and a Paralegal, yes I have two jobs. After COVID, my life has become quiet, I used to have a very busy life before, during and after work, but now everything is much better. I spend my free time with friends and watching either Hulu or Netflix. I should invest more time in activities outside my house. I live in NY and currently there is a lot of crime in the subway, another excuse for be to stay indoors. I've been wanting to buy a property, but my ego stops me. I need to get rid of many fears, and move forward. Hope to get different perspectives on life while using this platform, I look forward to knowing the rest of you.

innateJoy9602 March 24th, 2023

@energeticWillow4306

Hello there :)

So nice to see that things have been better for you! Given the crime, I get why it would be more difficult to do some outside activities though. If you could, what activities would you do? 💜

energeticWillow4306 OP March 25th, 2023

I have been considering signing up for pottery classes. One of my friends joins a walking group on Sundays. Ill start with that tomorrow.

Sila4 March 24th, 2023

@energeticWillow4306 very admirable what you do. I am also a paralegal working trained and living in Belgium. Fortunately crime levels are low in my area however don’t let your circumstances stop you from taking on a new activity at home. I recently got invested into pottery which I didn’t think I’d enjoy but always the unexpected that brings much fun. Take care, hope you find something you enjoy!

Hi. I've been thinking of doing pottery with my daughter. I'll look into it.

slowdecline48 March 24th, 2023

@energeticWillow4306

Welcome to 7Cups.

Crime is everywhere, unfortunately; there is no such thing as a completely safe place, nor has there ever been. It's a question of how much or how little crime as well as what kinds of crime are typical for one's area.

I don't quite understand how your ego prevents you from looking for a property to buy. Care to elaborate?...

You hit the spot, it is my ego. I just came to realize that. I have then income, savings, plan and still I have a million excuses. I plan to work on that in the upcoming months

slowdecline48 March 26th, 2023

@energeticWillow4306 Maybe I can give you a bit more motivation...

You have the income, savings, & a plan for it. If you sit & do nothing aside from your job, those will stay the same. But there is one resource you have that will shrink: your time. Time is the one thing that no amount of money can obtain more of. If you wait for too long the opportunity will pass. As we all know, real estate prices are not dropping & show no signs of doing that anytime soon.

At some point, even at your current level of affluence you may not be able to buy a house...the price will have risen to the point where even with a loan, the cost would be prohibitive. (It would be nice to pay it all off & own the property free & clear while you are still alive, would it not?)

Today is Sunday. Tomorrow is the start of the next week for business.

energeticWillow4306 OP March 27th, 2023

I give you 100 points for the time comment. I just had a conversation with my daughter yesterday. She wants to finish middle school in our current location. That's not until 2024, I did tell her that things don't always happen the way we want, I will try my best to pay a huge debt I have by the summer and go for a pre-approval. That balance decrease will give a better opportunity for a higher loan approval.

OdiPS March 30th, 2023

Hello! Thank you for sharing your story. I can relate to this very much. Odi

brushmepatiently April 24th, 2023

Hello, glad you are here! I hope you find lots of like minded people to help you overcome the fears societies have told us to conform to! Land is the best medicine! Don’t hesitate today or any! Good luck