Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Terribly afraid of 1-on-1 conversations

KnotTheNorm October 22nd, 2016

I've tried a couple of times to open up to a listener here, but every time I become so riddled with anxiety and back out of the chat with without saying anything at all or after nervously making no sense. I really want someone to talk to about moving forward with my life, but I can't seem to shake this terror when it comes to live chatting with another person. It even gets this way with people I know and am familiar with, so the idea of opening up to a stranger almost immobilizes me completely.

But I'd like to change. I really am motivated to talk to someone if anyone is patient enough to give me a chance.

Brooke91 October 22nd, 2016

@KnotTheNorm you can talk to me, I'm not officially a listener, and I guess you can message ppl privately on here, but I'll be glad to listen if you want to reply

Brooke91 October 22nd, 2016

@Brooke91 cant**

Chimmysmallz November 6th, 2016

@KnotTheNorm

Hi, You can message me anytime you want and we could talk at your pace. If you want me to listen quietly, I would. Good luck with your anxiety. *hugs*

TheBen October 22nd, 2016

Hi there! I can totally relate to your anxiety that you are feeling while chatting. I'd love to talk with you - just go to my profile by clicking on my name and start a chat with me. I'll respond to you ASAP.

freefromworries October 23rd, 2016

If you're interested, you can always message me. I understand it's nervewracking and we can take time to get places. If it's best for you to start with idle chat, we can definitely do that and go from there. I hope you have a good day!

NatureWalk November 4th, 2016

Hi @KnotTheNorm,

Feel free to send me a message https://www.7cups.com/@NatureWalk

If it helps you feel a little less nervous, I don't have the app on my phone. I sign into 7cups online when I have time and feel able to offer a listening ear. That means I don't get immediate notifications when someone sends me a message. You can send me offline messages and I'll read them later that day or later that week - and respond then. If ever you reach a point that you wish to have a live-chat, you can mention it and we can sort out a time to both be online.

I'm not in a rush, so don't worry about taking your time.

Best of luck