Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Talking Deep

OptimisticBirch November 17th, 2015

I saw someone posted something like this few days(or weeks) ago and thought about the same thing. Will it be fine for me to ask for a listener who can talk in depth with me? About everything. About the universe, the cloud, the sky, the world. About humanity, about anything.

I'm well aware with the 'Browse Listener' options but I just felt that if I were to use that options and the listener is not the one that can keep up with the conversation. I just felt that I'll be wasting their time, the time that they can spend to focus more on people who they can help more.

I'm not in need of urgent help or anything like that. Maybe I just want someone to talk to in a lengthy discussion about a lot of things. Listeners or members are welcomed :D Who knows I might find my twin because of this post :3

AdVictoriam November 17th, 2015

The universe is such an expansive topic :)

Tell us a little about yourself! What are your own passions and interests? What makes your heart beat with excitement? What do you think about at night when the electricity is out and you're left to the comfort of your own mind?

Do you want to talk about authors from long ago, immersing yourself in the worlds of Shelley and Joyce?

Would you like to talk about current events, passionately arguing the ideologies of Ayn Rand or Noam Chomsky?

Maybe you'd like discuss research - the lastest discovery of a nearby potentially habitable planet, or the neatest new advancement in drug delivery, or the coolest new lubrication technology that's going to impact waste in large plants.

Talk to us about social psychology, about self-improvement, about art, about history, about philosophy... talk to us about life.

Because I'm sure someone here would be more than happy to provide that conversation :) just give us a topic!

OptimisticBirch OP November 17th, 2015

@AdVictoriam sadly I am someone who is interested in a lot of things. Politics, war, entertainment sometimes. I am someone who think about a lot of things at once even when I left pondering alone. Some of my friends told me they can't keep up with the conversation because I keep changing topics fast. It's like even though I am interested in the topics, I can only spent a little time talking about that topic :D

I have a different point of view most of the times about some issues making it hard for me to deliver my points in the crowd. I am interested in some conspiracy theories that people tend to shrugged it off just like that.

My friends also say I am very weird since I like to jump from one conversation to entirely different conversation in an instance, so if you are to talk to me, you would be surprised when I asked an entirely different thing even when the conversation is not finish.

So maybe just maybe, let's talk about how we are first and then we can jump to another conversation :D

igetcha December 7th, 2015

@OptimisticBirch You're awesome!! I love to ponder just about everything too & can't really help it. I love getting new perspectives from ppl & would love to chat :)

OptimisticBirch OP December 13th, 2015

@igetcha It's very exciting, no? To think about a lot of things and to see a lot of things too :D

igetcha December 14th, 2015

@OptimisticBirch Oh yea. It leads to a lot of creative ideas

cristiana33 November 21st, 2015

The need to talk about deep subjects in very real for most of us, I'm sure of that. :)

I am a person who always felt like their friends aren't up for such topics at all for the most part, so I can understand you that you would feel like trying this with a total stranger. Sometimes that is really great as we might find out different perspectives and learn a lot about many other things.

What about creating such a thread in the forums? Here is an entire section where you can share your ideas and receive as many perspective as you would want to. I believe this might be a way better formula than searching for a Listener who could do that in a 1-1 chat. Members and Listeners both might help you with great discussions on everything you can think of. :)

OptimisticBirch OP December 4th, 2015

@cristiana33 thank you so much for the information :)

AdVictoriam December 4th, 2015

Sometimes I lose track of these posts, sorry!

I'm currently on a self-improvement journey to create lasting healthy habits and to gain the skills that will help me become the person I want to become :) That's about where I am.

In addition to personal development, I am working on graduating from school with a chemical engineering degree. I am also working on starting an online support network for first generation low income students and creating a team to enter in the Hultz Challenge (I'm not sure what I want yet but I want to try something!).

igetcha December 7th, 2015

@AdVictoriam So happy to see another engineer in training who wants to use their skills to empower people. You just made my day. Much love <3

OptimisticBirch OP December 13th, 2015

@AdVictoriam Wow, I bet it would be a great team.. Best of luck for you :D

LostBoi1989 June 13th

@OptimisticBirch 

I feel were u coming from Im looking for someone who doesn't judge and has a very open mind and can understand both sides of the story and chats about the deep stuff and give advice and feedback on my situation