Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Pen Pal Position Open!

PandaK October 4th, 2016

I'd be nice if I had someone to be my virtual pen pal/friend who would write to me a few times a week or so about anything. Think of it as having a roommate who you talk to about your day, like whatever what's good or bad. I guess it'd be best if my pen pal and I had some things in common.

so some things about myself are I'm into science, I'm a female unemployed part-time grad student, who loves music, crafts, clothes, etc. etc. if you're interested, we could have a kind of "interview" here by telling me a little about what's important to you and what you're into. And if you have any questions for me, leave them here too. If we're a match, let's find some way to keep in touch. Although I'm looking for a friend, I also would like to be someone's friend too.

thanks for your consideration!

imaginativeCranberry2413 October 4th, 2016

@PandaK

Hi I would like to have a talk with you too. Maybe we can share our stories together. What you say.

PandaK OP October 4th, 2016

@WhimsicalDancer

hi there, I'm a girl :)

@WhimsicalDancer

well, I can tell you that yesterday was my birthday, but I woke up very sad. I was having a crying moment over my breakup and my life in general that lasted up till late morning. It wasn't what I planned on, I was going to read for class, & take care of a few errands, but I guess the thought of being one year older kind of triggered me. However, some how I found the strength to get up and realized if I wanted to be happy, I needed to do whatever I wanted to do in my life, that I shouldn't just limit myself to only 31 wishes (1 wish per day of the month or per year of my age) but give myself as many wishes I want. So, I didn't want to be alone on my birthday and asked my friends who are parents to 3 boys if I could spend time with them. Five hours later, I was with them playing around and later having Cheesecake Factory takeout and a surprise bday ice cream cake. I got to make one special wish that I dream of the most and blew out the candle. We watched YouTube parady music videos of popular artists for the rest of the evening when the kids were getting ready for bed. So, my 31st bday ended on a good note :)

how have you been doing?

@WhimsicalDancer

thank you, we can still connect here, it just wouldn't have to be on a basis, which was what I was looking for.

talk to you whenever! :)

tranquilForever68 October 4th, 2016

@PandaK I think i can do that :) What do you say?

@tranquilForever68

My "letters" will be something like how I wrote to @WhimsicalDancer above. So if you're into that and like talking about the few interests and more like pen pal friends/roommates, we can try.

AutumnStar October 4th, 2016

Hi!

I seem to have a lot of common things with you and I'd be up for some pen-palling if you're up to it.

bubblyDreamer29 October 4th, 2016

@Penpal, I would be delighted to be your pen pal, Im all the way in Australia, if this is okay ? I am also a undergraduate student so can relate to you with this :) What course are you studying ?

Look forward to hearing back from you.

@bubblyDreamer29

I'm going for a Master's in Regulatory Affairs, which will take me at least 2 yrs. it's a health professional degree that is involved with insuring healthcare products meet regulation requirements in order to be approved for public use.

thanks for your interest and I look forward to your sample pen pal letter!

@tranquilForever67 @WhimsicalDancer @AutumnStar @bubblyDreamer29

thanks for your interest - it's sweet of you all wanting to be my pen pal :) As much as I'd like to pen pals with all of you, I can only have one because it's what my life schedule can handle right now.

so, I make my decision, first you have to be a girl and an adult, preferably close to my age. Whoever is left, please write a pen pal letter to me here. From there, I will pick one of you while the rest of you, we can still stay in touch, just not as often.

Thanks again for wanting to be my pen pal. I look forward to your sample pen pal letters!

@tranquilForever68

opps, I left you out by typing the wrong number, lol

the downside to using a smartphone :p

sorry @tranquilForever67

tranquilForever68 October 4th, 2016

@PandaK Its okay panda. Ive subscribed to your thread and is following your posts. Sad part is im not a girl. SO i think i dont qualify. :) Would have definitely loved to be ur pen pal(virtual) but..

@tranquilForever68

Ok, thank you for letting me know. I'm sure it would have been nice. We'll see if I will find my pen pal.

imaginativeCranberry2413 October 5th, 2016

@PandaK

Hi Pandak. I am a girl and m i suppose to tell my age here?? Oopss. I just graduated in biomedical engineering and i m working in a healthcare company as an engineer dealing with ISO standards. If you think we can talk more, do let me know.

PandaK OP October 5th, 2016

@imaginativeCranberry2413

wow, totally cool, I think we'll be pretty good together as pen pals. And apparently I was already following you anyway (the 7cup app doesn't tell me who I follow). Let's connect on a social thred/feed (whatever it's called). Let me know where it is iif you find one first.

@tranquilForever68 @WhimsicalDancer @AutumnStar @bubblyDreamer29

thanks again for wanting to be my pen pal. Best wishes for you on 7cups - see you around!