Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Personality Types: What's Yours?

LittleEggHarbor December 2nd, 2023

What is your personality type? 🤔😊 I took the Myers-Briggs assessment to explore my personality!

Myers-Briggs is a popular personality assessment tool based on the theories of Carl Jung. It categorizes people into different personality types using four dichotomies: extraversion (E) or introversion (I), sensing (S) or intuition (N), thinking (T) or feeling (F), and judging (J) or perceiving (P). The combination of these preferences forms 16 different personality types, such as ISTJ or ENFP. It can be a fun way to gain insights into your personality traits and preferences! You can take the assessment here: https://www.16personalities.com/

According to the Myers-Briggs assessment, I am an ENFP. My top five strengths are: love of learning, curiosity, creativity, bravery, and appreciation of beauty and excellence.

Discovering your strengths means identifying the things you're really good at and that come naturally to you. It's about recognizing your unique talents, abilities, and skills. When you know your strengths, you can focus on using them to your advantage and finding opportunities where you can excel. It's like uncovering your superpowers!

Discussion:

1. Have you ever taken the Myers-Briggs assessment? If not, how would you describe your personality? 
🤔😊

2. What is your Myers-Briggs assessment if you have taken the assessment? 🤔😊

3. What are your top five strengths? If you haven't taken the assessment, what do you think your top five strengths are? 🤔😊

4. Are there any role models or inspiring figures who embody strengths you admire? 🤔😊

16personalities_1701553890.png

LittleEggHarbor OP December 2nd, 2023

16-personalities-meyers-brigg-characters-578x1024_1701554023.jpeg

Bonus questions:

What are some ways you can use your strengths to contribute positively to your community?

Are there any strengths you would like to cultivate or develop in yourself?

How do you define success, and how do your strengths contribute to achieving it?

What are some obstacles or limiting beliefs that might be holding you back from fully embracing your strengths?

Can you think of any past experiences where your strengths played a significant role in your success?

How do you balance utilizing your strengths while also challenging yourself to grow in other areas?

Are there any strengths you possess that you feel are underappreciated or undervalued?

Are there any strengths you have noticed in others that you would like to develop in yourself?

How do you define happiness, and how do your strengths contribute to your overall happiness?

Are there any activities or experiences you've been curious about but haven't yet explored? What strengths might come into play if you were to pursue them?

How do you celebrate and acknowledge your own strengths and accomplishments?

Are there any strengths you possess that you would like to share or teach to others?

How do you envision yourself utilizing your strengths in the future to create a fulfilling and purposeful life?

KittyHelps December 2nd, 2023

@LittleEggHarbor
@LittleEggHarbor

Hi LittleEggHarbor!

1. I have taken the assessment before with my best friends, it is a fun activity!
2. My personality type was ENFP.
3. My top 5 strengths are: good-natured, perceptive, enthusiastic, excellent communicator, and festive.
4. There are way too many to list!! I would say anyone who displays kindness ands treats others they want to be treated is inspirational!

LittleEggHarbor OP December 3rd, 2023

@KittyHelps If someone's strengths are described as good-natured, perceptive, enthusiastic, an excellent communicator, and festive, it means they have a friendly and kind disposition, are able to understand and perceive things well, show great excitement and passion, excel in expressing themselves, and bring a joyful and celebratory energy to situations. It sounds like a wonderful combination of qualities! 🌟🎉

KittyHelps December 3rd, 2023

@LittleEggHarbor
Thank you very much LittleEggHarbor!! Wonderful post! <3

Tagging Fellow Strength Explorers:
@CommunityModAnne @CommunityModElliot @CommunityModCharlie @CommunityModAaron @CommunityModWillow @CommunityModLou @SleepyPersonForever @StoicSteamStoker @Politonno @BestVibes @Sibafo @Renaitre2023 @aquaMoon9590 @DivorcePapers @AnalystINTJ @Elfinna @Wabbit84 @Hotaru419 @SunSkit @spongbobishappy @sunnyWriting4806 @CirqueSoleilGymnast @VioletWater @CheerySandi @PoliteOcean @Regmo @Kristynsmama @cyan8731 @sallymae3459 @hardworkingBeechwood6063

Politonno December 2nd, 2023

What's up with me?

CommunityModAnne December 2nd, 2023

@LittleEggHarbor great post!

I have taken the test during the past and I am an INFJ-Advocate

Some strengths: Creative, Insightful, Principled, Passionate, Altruistic

@CommunityModAnne I do see those strengths in you : ) You are inspiring!

CommunityModAnne December 3rd, 2023

@LittleEggHarbor thank you

Regmo December 3rd, 2023

I'm an INTJ.  Only two percent of the population has my personality type. NT's have the hardest time fitting into groups. One overlooked quality of INTJ's is their creativity. NT's are multi-talented and have a hard time fitting in with corporations that want very narrowly defined skills. 

@Regmo It is an honor to meet you rare one :O I hope I get to meet more INTJ's! : )

Regmo December 3rd, 2023

@LittleEggHarbor Thanks Egg. 🙂🙂🙂

Krisu9494 December 13th, 2023

You’re not alone I completely understand what you mean 💪🏼 But anything possible for you. Your cable of anything you do I’m ambivert so share both ENTJ & INTJ mostly INTJ because my Sigma nature.

fairmindedCurrent4358 December 3rd, 2023

@LittleEggHarbor

1. I have! I'm really interested in MBTI :)

2. INFJ

3. creative, loyal, altruistic, future-oriented, driven

4. definitely! i really admire people who are good public speakers/comfortable with an audience, and people who are able to do things spontaneously, since both of those things i find really challenging! 

swoossh December 9th, 2023

Logician

Krisu9494 December 13th, 2023

I’m an ambivert but I’m both INTJ & ENTJ that’s why put an X

LittleEggHarbor OP December 23rd, 2023

@bay0079

INFJ's have some incredible personality traits that make them wonderful friends. They are compassionate, empathetic, and great listeners. They genuinely care about others and are always there to offer support and understanding. INFJ's also have a deep understanding of emotions and can provide insightful advice when needed. They're like a warm hug and wise counselor all rolled into one! 💙😊

Sasher December 14th, 2023

I love that I come out as the defender ISFJ - my name is Sasha which also means defender/helper - some of my strengths are defending and helping people :) 

LittleEggHarbor OP December 23rd, 2023

@Sasher

ISFJ's are caring, nurturing, and always put others' needs before their own. ISFJ's are incredibly loyal and dependable, making them the kind of friend you can always count on. They have a keen eye for detail and are excellent at remembering important dates and events. With an ISFJ friend, you'll have someone who genuinely cares about your well-being and will go above and beyond to support you! INSJ's are the dream BFF's! 😊💙

Sasher December 23rd, 2023

@LittleEggHarbor thanks. I can relate to some of that. I've had to learn to put myself first (in a non selfish way) over the years. I don't know if you've heard that saying "you have to put your own oxygen mask on first so your able to assist others"?

"A Defender (ISFJ) is someone with the Introverted, Observant, Feeling, and Judging personality traits. These people tend to be warm and unassuming in their own steady way. They're efficient and responsible, giving careful attention to practical details in their daily lives."

This is a pretty accurate representation. 

LittleEggHarbor OP July 1st

@Sasher That's a really nice saying! Sort of reminds me of "you can't pour out of an empty cup". 

Sasher July 2nd

@LittleEggHarbor yeah, pretty much.

Was watching this yesterday. You might find it interesting https://youtu.be/UTFfTQtzVhI?si=I-5J0S_LsLwFP5SW

LittleEggHarbor OP July 2nd

@Sasher Thank you for sharing! I watched some of the intro and paused it so I could really dive into it later. It's really good so far.

annadaisy50749 December 23rd, 2023

@LittleEggHarbor 

my mbti is intj.

🤷‍♀️

LittleEggHarbor OP June 4th

@annadaisy50749 I love INTJ's!

kenjiiii December 24th, 2023

Intj

LittleEggHarbor OP June 4th

@kenjiiii INTJ Team!!! Lets gooo!!

fireflyyv July 3rd

@LittleEggHarbor

I'm INTJ which I think is accurate 'cause I think things way ahead of time 

Hi!
It's an old post but I've just discovered I am an ISTJ

1. Have you ever taken the Myers-Briggs assessment? If not, how would you describe your personality? 🤔😊
I just did, and before I took it I would have described myself as introverted, analytical, unsure of myself and quite shy. 

2. What is your Myers-Briggs assessment if you have taken the assessment🤔😊
ISTJ

3. What are your top five strengths? If you haven't taken the assessment, what do you think your top five strengths are? 🤔😊
I've just read that ISTJs are 
often known for being reliable, responsible, and practical. Our main characteristics are to be introverted, focused on facts/details/practical realities and we prefer to be organized and structured. We also have a strong work ethic, we are organized and disciplined. 

4. Are there any role models or inspiring figures who embody strengths you admire? 🤔😊
As of today, the person I admire the most is my personal trainer. He's a very intelligent person who's working hard, studying to become a physical therapist, and he's a loving husband and great father. I don't know how he manages to do all of this, always keeping a smile on his face and helping others seeing the positive things in life.