Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Improv - scenes from a hat

PineTreeTree March 12th

I’ve found the rules of improv are useful in new social interactions and even at work (not necessarily for laughs or entertainment either). So the rules are designed to keep the story moving forward. The most important principle is “yes, and…” This means that your responses should agree with the premise of the story and what the previous actors have added to the story. If you would like to learn more, see The top 5 rules for improv

Scenes from a hat are improv based on pulling a random scene descriptions from a hat and then playing out the scene. I’ll start with an example. Feel free to add to the scene or add a new scene to the hat. 

Scene from a hat: Terrible things to hear over a public announcement system.

My improv response: Ladies and gentlemen please exist the pool quickly but without splashing because…

(now it’s your turn 😁 to add to the story)

jesusredeemedme2425 March 12th

@PineTreeTree

...There is a VERY ANGRY JELLYFISH in the bottom of the pool!!!

PineTreeTree OP March 12th

@jesusredeemedme2425 😂

PineTreeTree OP March 13th

@jesusredeemedme2425 This breaking story from MOAT your local news station: A disgruntled employee put jellyfish, sharks and possibly other dangerous sea creatures in the community swimming pool. Let’s check with our on site reporter Tom Dingle. Tom what’s the story at the pool?

Tinywhisper11 March 14th

@PineTreeTree ok I'm not quite understanding fully. But I'll pull a scene from the hat 🤔🤔🤔 while exploring a new town I come across some odd signs

Tinywhisper11 March 14th

@Tinywhisper11 one sign I saw was "don't think and drive". There were many more like....

PineTreeTree OP March 14th

@Tinywhisper11 😂

@Tinywhisper11 Thanks for pulling a scene from the hat 😃

One sign said: Collect $500 and move 3 spaces

Tinywhisper11 March 14th

@PineTreeTree oooo I like that sign🤑

@Tinywhisper11 Another sign said: Please drive behind the person in front of you

Tinywhisper11 March 14th

@PineTreeTree and one bridge had a bit sign on top saying "influence" and the police where arresting everyone who was driving under it😮😮

@Tinywhisper11 😂

Tinywhisper11 March 15th

@PineTreeTree I like this game 😁

Tinywhisper11 March 15th

@PineTreeTree pulls out next scene 🤔🤔🤔🤔 I just arrived at dream destination, but the hotel I was staying in seemed a bit odd....

Tinywhisper11 March 15th

@Tinywhisper11 all the hotel staff where dressed up as teddy bears😕

PineTreeTree OP March 15th

@Tinywhisper11 I asked for a bed that was not too hard and not too soft…

Tinywhisper11 March 16th

@PineTreeTree the bed was just right *yawns* then it starts raining porridge...

PineTreeTree OP March 16th

@Tinywhisper11 I thought, this town must be a real mess to clean up during monsoon season….

Tinywhisper11 March 16th

@PineTreeTree then I got eating by three big bears

PineTreeTree OP March 16th

At dinner with the bears I began to tell them about my vacation plan and what I was going to do tomorrow…

Tinywhisper11 March 17th

@PineTreeTree tommorow I was going to visit the museum of dragons

PineTreeTree OP March 17th

@Tinywhisper11 They said I should go to see the monster truck show too. They gave me half off coupons for the show.

PineTreeTree OP March 19th

@PineTreeTree New scene: Dr. Seuss inspired pickup lines

Tinywhisper11 March 19th

@PineTreeTree this who who! Is in love with you who ❤ let's kiss now 😁

PineTreeTree OP March 20th

@Tinywhisper11 Think left or think right, think low or think high, if we go on a date then dinner I’ll buy.

Tinywhisper11 March 20th

@PineTreeTree yaaay! You will pay😁😁😁

😍 look at the size of that wocket in your pocket😉😏

New scene: Weird questions to ask a psychic

Tinywhisper11 March 20th

@PineTreeTree do you like my unicorn??

Tinywhisper11 March 20th

@Tinywhisper11 how many underpants is it ok to wear at once??... Then I asked...

@Tinywhisper11 Why don’t psychics have a money back guarantee if they make the wrong prediction?

Tinywhisper11 March 20th

@PineTreeTree ohhhhhh! Psychic 😂😂 I thought I read psychiatrist 😂😂😂😂

@Tinywhisper11 😂 Maybe an upcoming scene should be things you ask your psychiatrist when you think your talking to your psychic … 😂

Tinywhisper11 March 20th

@PineTreeTree she told me mind my own business, and rubbed her Crystal ball, so I asked, in my future will Jurassic park actually be a real thing??? The psychic....

@Tinywhisper11 said yes, it will be a real park, but with robot dinosaurs. Kind of like Disney World but not in Florida because … she mumbled something incoherent and then said in a clear but spooky psychic voice, I see past, present and future ask me anything…

Tinywhisper11 March 21st

@PineTreeTree so I paused. and then asked her how much does a fart weigh? Or does it weigh anything at all?? She looked at me.....

PineTreeTree OP March 21st

@Tinywhisper11 stood up, turned around, bent over and pfffffffft! She slowly stood up, turned around, sat down, glared at me and said, weigh that…

(rude *** stinky psychic)

Tinywhisper11 March 21st

@PineTreeTree 😮😮😮😮😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 so after the shock of the pungent stench I said "ok well if farts don't weigh anything.. Then i think I may of pooped my pants😦oops!! So I kindly asked.....

PineTreeTree OP March 21st

@Tinywhisper11 excuse me do you have a restroom 

Tinywhisper11 March 22nd

@PineTreeTree then I stole her clean trousers, and the fight began😁

PineTreeTree OP March 22nd

@Tinywhisper11 😂

Tinywhisper11 March 22nd

@PineTreeTree new scene, you just murdered your partner