Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is considered a "True Friend"?

I couldn't make any friends irl due to my anxiety and trauma, So everyone feels scary and untrustworthy but on the internet it's much easier but with that idk if those people who talked to me is even my friend, They have me on friend request but we don't talk much or we're not close...

I sometimes think "Did I ever really had any friends?" and those who I did have a true friendship with I would just leave because another mental problem where I'd just leave them entirely, I still miss them but it's recent that I left them and I had enough mental breakdowns to put myself away from them.

I never knew what a true friend is, I only know from my knowledge of watching Cartoon Shows but that would lead me to be "overly friendly" and berry quirky which alot would think I'm not being genuine...

Idk, help?

Also even irl I don't know too if I'm lucky to have friends which I did but they don't last long and we are never close like rarely talked tbh and instantly ends at the end of the school year which I only ever get friends from is from school

WellsFiction July 7th

@plsdontaskmeformycreditcardinfo Hey. I'm so sorry this has happened to you. Making friends and keeping them can be very difficult. You just know who you friends are and aren't. It takes time to figure this out, but I'm sure you will. You're already so aware of your inner feelings and self and that is wonderful. You deserve friends. You deserve love. Sometimes friendships don't work out and it's not always our fault, so take it easy.  Be yourself :)

hmm but I'm the one tired of friends, I met alot of people who I really REALLY want to be friends with but I just end up leaving them, is there something wrong with me???

WellsFiction July 7th

@plsdontaskmeformycreditcardinfo No, I don't think so. Sometimes we have to move away from others. There doesn't always have to be a problem. Life happens.

GraceGrey July 8th

I can relate. I never had a true friend either. I find it so hard to trust people and open up to them irl. Also doesn't help that my social battery is pretty non existent lol but sometimes I wonder if that would change if I ever were to find someone I can consider a "true" friend.