Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

This loneliness is too much.

faithfulCoconut848 October 19th, 2023

I’m struggling to find friends in my life. It’s always been a struggle. I don’t know if it’s me or what. I’m actually beginning to get desperate. But anyway. I don’t know what to do. I’m tired. If you like art, movies, animals, etc then we have something to talk about.

Theworldcanbefixed October 19th, 2023

@faithfulCoconut848

You're not alone. The world has very few positive people nowadays. It's just the sad truth.

faithfulCoconut848 OP October 19th, 2023

That’s true, however people have been saying that forever. I can’t say things are getting worse or better. Judging by the username I assume you’re positive enough. The world can be fixed, as opposed to can’t be fixed. I personally don’t believe the world is broken. It’s just the way nature is. You can say society is broken, I think that’s a true statement but the rest of the natural world has been the doing the same thing since time began. It’s not broken, just inherently negative.

So how do we fix this world?

GATTP October 19th, 2023

@faithfulCoconut848

Hello there.

I have also gone through a similar experience to yours. Putting in so much effort to make friends, but the other side not willing to or just being unenthusiastic. It is frustrating. I have very few friends - if you could call them that - and even then, it feels like a one-sided friendship. All I can say is that you have to keep waiting until you find a person who you can truly be friends with. Because a true friend isn't someone only you look for, but someone that looks for you, and you also look for them. (I hope that makes sense haha)

I like watching movies and also anime and stuff. I also appreciate art. If you want, you can talk to me for fun!

Thanks I totally get that. It’s frustrating putting a lot of effort in and getting like no results from it. I don’t know what to do. You like anime? I’ve seen plenty of Jo Jo’s Bizarre Adventure. Action Adventure movies, science fiction. Star Wars. I like comic book art and psychedelic art, but I still know a thing or two about the old masters.

GATTP October 19th, 2023

@faithfulCoconut848

I haven't gotten around to watching JoJo yet even though I have watched 100+ animes lol.

You mentioned that you like comics right? Then do you enjoy manga? I read a lot of manga. (As well as light novels)

As for movies, I like horror movies such as the conjuring. And also action movies like John Wick. And pretty much anything, though the main categories I watch are horror, action, and adventure. I haven't watched star wars... Because I usually watch movies with my siblings and they don't like star wars haha, so I just haven't had a chance to watch it.

Also I'm going to sleep so have a good day :)

I haven’t read much manga. However I have actually started a few months ago. The one I’m reading now is called Rooster Fighter. I find it fun and hilarious. There’s this manga from the same guy who did the Dragon Ball. I’ve been meaning to check that one out.

GATTP October 20th, 2023

@faithfulCoconut848

That rooster fighter manga looks pretty fun haha!

If you want to start reading manga/manhua/manhwa. I recommend reading "solo leveling", as for why I recommend it, it is because it's finished, and it is above average compared to other ones, and the art is good!

faithfulCoconut848 OP October 20th, 2023

I’ve heard about that one. I’ll definitely check it out 😊

BigEarBigHeart October 19th, 2023

@faithfulCoconut848 hey we can be friends I love movies and anything artsy 

What kind of movies and art do you like?

MadameSLeePy October 19th, 2023

@faithfulCoconut848 

Hello, I am a fan of animals, movies, reading, and most things nerdy and artsy. Currently at work, bored...slow slow day 😪

What kind of nerdy things do you like specifically?

MadameSLeePy October 20th, 2023

@faithfulCoconut848

Well I play DND if thats not nerdy enough I'm a big fan of Saga (comic/graphic novel) and I make a point to watch any Marvel movie.

faithfulCoconut848 OP October 21st, 2023

Thats great. I like the Incredible Hulk comics that are currently coming out now. It really has that Halloween vibe. Those Marvel movies are great. I just picked up issue 1 of Justice League vs Godzilla and Kong. So I think that should be interesting.

greenPal660 October 21st, 2023

Hi

faithfulCoconut848 OP October 21st, 2023

Hi

MartianGirl347 October 21st, 2023

@faithfulCoconut848

i just posted on the Autism Support forum not too long ago regarding this exact same thing, and I wanted to tell you that I completely empathize.

i have always struggled with making and keeping friends, and I often feel like no one shares my interests or share the level of excitement I feel when talking about or engaging in my interests… I’m an infodumper…

you are definitely not alone in this 😊 i think you’ll find a lot of support here on 7cups.