Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Struggling

I feel so much anxiety and pain. I’m in a group activity where I’m struggling due to a lack of coordination. People in my group are saying I’m costing the group and need to stop being so embarrassed to commit to the movements. I’m really trying to, I just get anxious and mess up and can’t physically do it well. Today, they kept asking me to take ownership for me struggling with it and to tell them why I won’t. They said to stop being embarrassed to do it if that’s the issue and just do it. I can’t do it. I’m really trying. They kept asking why and all I could do was stare at them. They all looked…so disappointed and I hate myself for not being able to make them happy.

DevinY April 21st

@littleStrawberries1840 Hey there, you don't have to make them happy. You are you and that is all you can be, you are trying already you do not need to appease them so that they like you, if they do not like you because of how you are then that is their problem not yours. Everyone is different so all anyone can do is adapt to others, I have friends who I do not completely understand why they find something funny or why they like something but I can adjust myself to see why they like it or why they are like that, so do they. I hope this help you understand that you don't need to change for them just be you and do what you can. I hope that everything goes well and that you do not worry too much about it so that it doesn't harm your mental state.