Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Loneliness vs love

JinavaroMartin September 21st, 2023

Sometimes we hang with people to avoid loneliness because it is a feeling hard to bear with. And sometimes we hang with people out of love, something in them touched us.

have we try to understand what is loneliness rather than reacting to it? Maybe when we understand it and accept it, true friendship, happen, naturally ?

πŸ’ƒπŸ•Ί

FeureVox September 21st, 2023

@JinavaroMartin Exploring loneliness can lead to more meaningful connections.
In my personal experience, loneliness is better than a toxic company.
Considering the above, if we still keep such people in our lives who belittle or make fun of us, we better be alone.
Only accept people as your loved ones if you have tested them in your hard times.

The best tests are:
1) Ignoring them,
2) being harsh to them,
3) their response to your apology and appreciation,
4) lend or borrow something
valuable e.g., money.

I think It's okay to seek company, but when we embrace and accept our feelings, we often find deeper, more authentic, heartwarming friendships. πŸ’•πŸ€

toughTiger6481 September 21st, 2023

@JinavaroMartin

I would agree many times we hang out or continue to hang out with a "friend" out of loneliness and it is not a way to have a good friendship.

If people took the time to recognize the difference then maybe people would have deeper and better friendships.

compassionateOrange528 September 21st, 2023

All friendship advice says avoid toxic ppl. For me personally, what I have realized was damaging to my mental health was 'perfect' ppl - the ones who have their career, personal life sorted and literally the things they talk about are the good things happening in their life. These folks might not come under the toxic definition. I hung out with them because I was lonely. It subconsciously made me hate my life more as they weren't relatable at all. And my mental health is worse for it.

AnxiousShannon September 22nd, 2023

I kind of can relate. I would hang out with healthy people or people who could do normal things and hated them and myself for it. I couldn't really eat for almost 2 years. Long story.

Anyway, prior to that, I never fit in and still don't. I was a "goth" or the metal chick with bizarre interests and a dysfunctional nightmare of a family (ditched me at like 41 years old too. 🀣) I've always been different. It's usually normal people I can't relate to. 🀣. They're boring quite frankly and have no real experience like the rest of us. They whine about their coffee orders for crying out loud.

Some of us are facing challenges they could never fathom. Just know, we are the true rock stars of this world and hold your head high. I definitely am.

Sorry for the rambling, but we should really be proud of ourselves for being the strong in a sea of weak I think and celebrate every small thing we do when we can. It's not always possible I know. I had a meltdown over a coffee pot this morning. 🀣

Right now, I'm thankful to be outside enjoying coffee with my dog on a sunny day letting you know you are awesome. Celebrate you. Hugs if you are a hugger. You'd like one of my hugs even if not. They're genuine. 😊

passionateSea2002 September 22nd, 2023

Wow! This is so true!