Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How to deal with hospitals.

Amanda84 August 6th

Hi everyone,

my name is Amanda84 and I am a new listener, I have been feeling overwhelmed for the last few weeks, my Uncle is currently very sick and my dad has cancer and I absolutely hate hospitals and am drained. Has anyone any tips that could help, as I know it is important to look after yourself because the person that you are listening to deserves you to be at your best, any advice would be appreciated. Have a nice evening :)

toughTiger6481 August 6th

@Amanda84

Is there a reason you dislike hospitals?   many have fears of loss but i look at it so many saves compared to any losses.   

all the stuff and jargon can be overwhelming but in general most will explain any questions you have....

jesusredeemedme2425 August 7th

@Amanda84

I've spent soooo much time in hospitals... My mom has been in and out of them since I was little. With ER trips, I learned to make an activity bag while waiting for the ambulance, because those are 14-hour ER waits... Also, if your family member is in the hospital, bring something to do during down time. Art supplies, books, etc. Also, sneak them food if possible; share with them. It's better than hospital food! Make sure you know the routes around the hospital. It will lessen your stress and make your brain go on autopilot. Don't expect much of yourself during this time... The vacuuming can wait. You and your family member are the only priority. <3

PastaIsVeryUnderrated August 10th

@jesusredeemedme2425 those are some great tips! thank you for sharing them! *writes them down*

jesusredeemedme2425 August 10th

You are so welcome! <3

Seven7Sarfraj99 August 12th

Hey Amanda, hope you and your family are doing well, i know your daughter of a brave man who is fighting with cancer and i blv u have are a brave girl too so i will pray for you and yr family....