Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Confusion, social anxiety and myself

SoulSun808 September 12th, 2023

I don't know exactly what's going on with me recently. I don't know if it's depression, social anxiety or anything else. Currently I don't think one of my freinds is really a good friend and honestly I don't know if I want to keep friends. But I could never tell this to the person.

It's also difficult at school right now, I've just returned from vacation and I think my anxiety has increased during this time. I'm overwhelmed with this and I know that I can't get out of this alone, but my social anxiety is stopping me. I feel like I'm many versions of myself and it's hard to somehow coordinate everything. I'm so often overwhelmed by myself, but I actually know, at least a little, what I don't want.

But I also know that this can never happen because of the fact that I don't have the courage to do anything about it. But I can't keep this up much longer...

So how can I go on???

patientSky1754 September 16th, 2023

@SoulSun808

I totally get it, things can get messy sometimes, and it's okay not to have everything sorted out. Friendships should be positive and supportive, so if you're not feeling it, it's worth considering whether it's worth your energy. School anxiety after a vacation is pretty common. Going from relaxation mode to school mode can be a shock to the system. Try to ease back in, establish a routine, set small goals, and remember that it's okay to feel a bit overwhelmed. If this whole bundle of emotions keeps weighing you down, it might be a good idea to chat with a therapist, if that's an option. Life's a journey, and it's okay not to have a map

SoulSun808 OP September 18th, 2023

@patientSky175

Well, all these emotions seemed to increase over the time. There is no routine for me because I don't really know how to act in school. Eg I have friends with whom I talk about my fav books and friends which doesn't read at all. So if I have those different versions of me how will I ever figure out who I am? This fells like too much to think about and I guess it makes a big part of my anxiety.

CherryBerryPie September 19th, 2023

You sound like you have a lot going on and it’s okay. Life can be a whirlwind at times and we can easily get lost in the changes.

I learned something that may help regarding your friend situation. If negative emotions come up when you think of the friend, take a good look at the friendship, if you find it to have more negatives, it may be worth letting the friendship go. Friendships differ from person to person, however the basis of a friendship is having the other’s best interest at heart, positive and support. You do not need to tell them why you’re no longer their friend if you choose to.

Jumping back into school after vacation can be difficult as you’re going from being relaxed and having no stress to having to worry about different subjects. Feeling overwhelmed and anxious is normal. Give yourself some time to adjust, it’s okay to stop and give yourself a moment to just breathe. Establishing a routine can be really helpful, along with small daily goals. The goal can be as simple as just getting through the school day.

You are not alone in this and there will be someone here to chat with you. If you feel like that is not enough, it may be a good idea to reach out to a therapist.