Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What qualities do you look for in a friend?

easyMaple3687 January 15th, 2023

When you think of your closest friends what are some of the qualities you admire most about them?

Sunisshiningandsoareyou January 15th, 2023

Hey @easyMaple3687, nice to meet you. This is a great question!

I don't necessarily "look" for certain qualities, but I guess there's a natural vibe with people who possess these qualities, that I usually admire in people: good sense of humour, compassion and kindness, to sum someone I can laugh out loud with talking about the most random things and then naturally switch to serious, deep life talks hehe, someone who doesn't find silence uncomfortable/ awkward. Someone who can "mirror" me while bringing out the best in me.❤

Too many qualities and kind of people lol!

How about you though, what do you like the most in a close friend?🌻

easyMaple3687 OP January 15th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thank you for your feedback, I can see that you are very self aware in your relationships amazing qualities. I will be posting a response to the thread shortly If you have time to read it I would be extremely grateful. ❤️

Sunisshiningandsoareyou January 15th, 2023

@easyMaple3687 Aww happy to share and thankyouu! Ofcourse, please do share, would love to hear also!❤

Ravis889 January 15th, 2023

@easyMaple3687

Their kindness and ability to calm me down when I overthink.. :3

@Ravis889

Those are very important qualities, thank you so much for sharing with us.

ouiCherie January 15th, 2023

Hi @easyMaple3687 great question! 🙌😊

When I think of one of my closest friends, the qualities I admire about her are attentive, honesty, and caring. What about you?

@ouiCherie thank you for your caring and compassionate response. I can definitely relate. ❤️

Thank you all for your responses. I can definitely relate to all of your insights. My journey to discover healthy relationships started after I got clean and sober. I used to just hang out with people who drank and drugged, today I look for healthy quality friends of mutual respect and interest.

ouiCherie January 16th, 2023

@easyMaple3687 well done on got clean and sober. That's a great win! 💫 and yes close people can influence us in more ways than we realise.

I'm glad you're here with us, Maple 🤍🤗 you've got this!

easyMaple3687 OP January 16th, 2023

@ouiCherie thank you for your kindness and support

Sunisshiningandsoareyou January 17th, 2023

@easyMaple3687 The kind of people around us really do impact us a lot, I'm super happy to know you're surrounding yourself with those that bring out the better side in you, you very much deserve all the healthy friendships and kind people around you!❤

easyMaple3687 OP January 17th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou that’s right, there is a famous quote by Jim Rohn, he said “ You are the Average of the 5 people you spend the most time with “. Thanks for the imput and may you surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you

Sunisshiningandsoareyou January 17th, 2023

@easyMaple3687 Ooh yes, that's a famous quote and quite true! Thanks so much for saying that, I appreciate you!🌻

easyMaple3687 OP January 16th, 2023

@IntenseChakra2 thank you for your share, these are amazing qualities.

juliak1968 January 17th, 2023

@easyMaple3687

I look for people that lift me up, rather than be pessimistic

ALSO:

Honesty Loyalty Ethics

easyMaple3687 OP January 17th, 2023

@juliak1968 amazing, you deserve support and kindness, those qualities are extremely important

ChillCharm January 19th, 2023

@easyMaple3687

some qualities people often admire in their close friends include:

Honesty and integrity

Loyalty and reliability

Sense of humor and ability to make them laugh

Empathy and the ability to listen and support

Positive attitude and ability to see the best in others

Open-mindedness and willingness to learn and grow

Adventure-seeking and willingness to try new things

Self-awareness and the ability to reflect and grow

Supportive and encouraging in their endeavors and aspirations

Keep in mind that everyone has different values and qualities that they admire in their friends, and the most important thing is that you feel comfortable and supported by the people you consider your closest friends.

easyMaple3687 OP January 21st, 2023

@CompassionateListener0

Thank you for your feedback and participation in the discussion ❤️

23helicopters January 22nd, 2023

Their loyalty, honesty and willingness to help me.❤️ They are also extremely kind and compassionate. Tbh I'm so happy Iet them, they are really amazing